Shaving trunk key hole - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shaving trunk key hole
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:58 AM
I bought a Z24 trunk lid with spoiler, minor rusting on the bottom lip so i'm going to get it fixed and painted. For a small fee I can get the key hole shaved/deleted. Worth while? It will look great but I'm one of those 'but what if' type of guys, my trunk release via remote & dash button works fine, just wondering if their is any pre-cautions/tips I should do before hand so if it dies off in the future I can still get in there. Getting done first week of December.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Re: Shaving trunk key hole
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:47 AM
If worst comes to worst you can always fold the back seats down and open the latch from inside. I've done this on my car and have had no issues. Looks nice too.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:47 PM
I have a 95-99 trunk completely shaved with no reverse lights and no keyhole. I have the manual release from inside the cabin though, so I can tell when the cable is getting slack and tighten it up.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:15 PM
How would I go about folding a rear seat down when the pull straps are by the trunk itself? Rig up a cord of some sort to one and route it to the rear seats just enough so I can feel between the seats and pull it?

YellowCav do you have a picture of your trunk lid? Sounds interesting, did you switch to a '95/'02 lid or modify your existing lid to run the double tails?

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:28 PM
Stock 03-05 deck. Just filled in the key hole and painted it black. I will say that I have future plans to swap to an 02 or older deck and put the 03-05 spoiler on it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:36 PM
Looks pretty good. I like that idea, seen a couple cars done that way, yellow should set it off very nice.

I got a deal on a used Vibrant exhaust cat-back, going to buy that Saturday, after that i'll drop my trunk lid off before Thanksgiving or the first week of December, can't wait!

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:39 AM
Mines been shaved for years, don't miss it one bit. My seat latch is a bit worn, so if I ever need to get back there to use the manual release, I just have to yank the seat back hard and it pops down lol

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:15 AM
Shaved mine and placed it in the plate

www.funnybikeshow.com
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:16 AM
Pat Maher wrote:Shaved mine and placed it in the plate

Interesting. Illegal in the states though..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, December 25, 2013 7:11 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Pat Maher wrote:Shaved mine and placed it in the plate

Interesting. Illegal in the states though..

I got a buddy with a killswitch in his lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search