01 sun fire gt front bumper help quick ! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 sun fire gt front bumper help quick !
Monday, November 18, 2013 6:48 PM
I bought a wrecked 01 sun fire gt and had to put a new bumper on it , I got a bumper off a 97-99 sun fire gt I think and i don't think it's the right one cause there's no opening to the rad , I'm pretty sure the 01 has the grill on top of the bumper like under the hood , it's lowered on each side of the Pontiac emblem . To see what I mean go on google images and search 2001 Sunfire gt and then 1997 sun fire gt and I will see the 97 has slots on each side of the license plate but on my these are sealed off. Please help

Re: 01 sun fire gt front bumper help quick !
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:32 PM
that bumper takes air from under the bumper, the "grills" in the bumper are for looks.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:34 PM
2000+ bumpers are different from the 95-99 bumpers. I know on a cavalier the headlights and hood and fenders are all different, not 100% about sunfires though. Bumpers are deff different though.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:03 PM
You can put any 95-02 bumper on you want without changing hood, fenders, or lights.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:41 AM
Yes I understand they will fit but my concern is will it get enough air to the rad? I changed the whole bumper and where the grills are 'for looks ' if you look in frm the front they appear blocked.
Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:00 AM
It is praticly the same car. So extra small openings are the least of your concerns. It will run just fine.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:25 PM
Air is pulled in from below.

Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:04 AM
Matt Green wrote:Yes I understand they will fit but my concern is will it get enough air to the rad? I changed the whole bumper and where the grills are 'for looks ' if you look in frm the front they appear blocked.

This is how it's supposed to be. I remember this from looking at the front of my mom's 1998 Sunfire SE Sedan. It may seem weird, but it's how they all are .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search