How much is my car worth thread - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How much is my car worth thread
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:28 PM
1999 sunfire SE
87,397 miles currently
Purchased from original owner with 9,000 miles on it
runs perfect, everything works, clean inside and out, passes smog
upgrades include; Stereo/speakers, K&N filter, eibach springs, 225/40/18 rims with good tires

what would you realistically pay for this car? Also it is for sale if anyone is interested
Attachments
newsunfire.jpg (313k)
nsunfire2.jpg (315k)

Re: How much is my car worth thread
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:43 PM
I see this thread having a lot of shame, disappointment, and regret.

A dangerous game you play, sir.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:43 PM
Looks like a very clean car, that will help, although, mods don't really help increase the value all that much. If you are looking to make the most money, Id put everything back to stock as much as you can then sell after market parts separately. As it is now though, I'd say maybe 2-3000? car prices may very area to area though too. What are you hoping to get? I bought my car with a few more miles than that and it was very clean and stock. I paid 2400 and thought I got a good deal, its a Z24 though and has power everything, just no sunroof.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:16 PM
Its called Kelly Blue Book it was created for just this reason. Please not that the "upgrades" you listed don't actually
raise the value of the car like most people believe. It is a labor of love.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:22 PM
And in fact depreciates the value in the eyes of most.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:51 PM
For reference, I bought my 1991 GMC about 10 years ago, pretty much stock for $4000, over the years, put well over $20000 into it, motor and many other parts had around 10000km on it when I sold it for $3000, had it listed for about 3 years before I lowered the price enough for someone to buy it.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:51 PM
I paid too much for my car and I hate myself for it and i've dumped too much into, Wish I woulda used all the money I spent and bought a EVO or a STI. Oh well~

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:12 PM
Cavaliers/Sunfires here in the west coast of Canada usually go for $800-$2000 for private sales. Dealers normally $1500-$3500. I check my local craigslist EVERYDAY. Just to see what's out there/parts etc. So a sunfire/cavalier with that many miles on it I would say $2000 if your on this side. But that's my area. I would suggest what others did and sell the parts seperately if you have the stock parts. Just because you are reducing your target market by having additional stuff on it. Example a single mother looking for a nice/safe vehicle.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:15 PM
Most Js go from 1500-4500 here....around 6-7 for the savvy dealer...

Due to the age, much is going to depend on shape too....the newest models are nearly 10 years old, so many are pretty beaten by now.....

My 2004 has less than 25k on it, and is 9/10ths stock. I could see a dealer trying to squeeze around 10k for this, but private party I might get around 5 for the shape that it is in.....

Wife's 03 has nearly 90k on hers, and it might go for 2500 or so......

Besides, no one buys a J body trying to make money on it.....you'd be braindead to try it.....

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search