Body kit advise - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Body kit advise
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:49 PM
Hey there. I'm looking into purchasing a body kit for my 05 sun. Looking into the VIS racing battle kit. Has any one used this kit, and how did it fit up. Any other kits I should look into? Any input will be appriciated. Thanks

Re: Body kit advise
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:05 PM
From my own personal experience with my body kit. I recommend staying away from fiberglass kits, the fitment with them is usually total @!#$.
Spend the extra money to not have to deal with all the hassle and get a urethane kit.
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:09 PM
If it's fiberglass and a daily driver I would look for something else. Anything you hit or hits the car it will bust. Urethane will just bend or stretch, it gives. I see fiberglass getting broken, cracked, chipped when using it for bumpers.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:22 PM
What about fiber reenforced poly kits? How are those?
Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:46 PM
basically if it has the word fiber in it stay away lol. Unless its carbon fiber, but that would be ridiculously expensive.
Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:37 PM
Stock lips > body kit.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 6:42 PM
Want advise?

Dont get a body kit!
Friday, February 14, 2014 9:03 PM
Don't cheap out if you end up with fiberglass. It can be thin, ill fitting, or both.

Monday, August 04, 2014 8:20 PM
ANY BODY KIT WILL REQUIRE SOME ADJUSTING , THE MOLDS ARE NOT PERFECT AND OUR CARS ARE ALL A BIT DIFFERENT SO EXPECT TO EITHER DO SOME HANDS ON FIBERGLASSING SANDING AND PAINTING MY FREIND.UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ARE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE DEEP POCKETS AND HAVE IT DONE BY A PRO SHOP.I RESTORED A BUSTED UP FIBERGLASS KIT FAIRLY EASILY WITH A FIBERGLASS KIT THAT INCLUDES A FEW SHEETS OF FIBERGLASS MATTE AND RESIN WITH A TUBE OF LIQUID HARDENER FOR ABOUT 25 BUCKS AND THE CRACKED BODY KIT I PICKED UP FOR$80 SO THAT WAS A BARGAIN 4 ME. GO ON YOU TUBE AND DO WHAT I DID AND LEARN HOW TO WORK FIBERGLASS BY WATCHING A FEW GOOD VIDEOS ,HEY IF I CAN DO ,YOU CAN 2..

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search