Z24 fog light conversion - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Z24 fog light conversion
Thursday, April 17, 2014 11:21 PM
I have just aquired a perfect z24 bumper for my 02 LS Sport.
I'm not happy with the fog lights, their very dim and I already restored the lenses. I have read all about the bulbs and projector conversion. But no pics or talk about how they did the projector conversion.
Anyone have any details or pics on this?

2002 cavy 2.2 ecotec m62 Getrag trans

Re: Z24 fog light conversion
Friday, April 18, 2014 11:44 AM
I haven't heard of that but I'm planning to replace the fogs on my sunfire with cheap aux lights from Walmart or something similar to the ones there. my stock ones are holding water so I'm probably going to do that soon and I'll post pics up then if it would help

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.
Friday, April 18, 2014 6:56 PM
Yeah! I like the look a lot just not how dim they are. I don't want to go tearing it apart and end up ruining it bc it's all I have

2002 cavy 2.2 ecotec m62 Getrag trans
Saturday, April 19, 2014 6:55 PM
Ok will do hopefully I can check the wiring this week and I'll go from there. I'll try for some before and after pics as well.

Monday, April 21, 2014 10:27 AM
There is a thread somewhere on here. Search "blazer projectors". It might be in the Photos & Media section.

Found a couple:

Custom Sunfire Projector Fogs.... W-I-P..
My custom projector fogs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 21, 2014 10:40 AM

Friday, May 02, 2014 1:43 PM
Hey still waiting to do this but we've had tons of rain and with a dirt driveway I'm not really interested in doing electrical work sitting in puddles of water/mud lol. But I wanted to bump this so I don't forget where the thread is.

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 3:22 PM
Well I found a new idea that might be a little better I'm going to keep the stock fogs but somewhere not on this website, ( it might have been instructables I'm not sure though) I found a guy that mounted some lights into the tow hitch on his car so it think I might give that a try. The problem was that there were a lot of issues with brighter rear fogs like blinding the person behind you was one. So this way I can just use the lights when I need them plus it'll be even brighter than with just better fogs.

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:13 AM
This doesn't make any sense to me. You're saying that you want to put them on your rear hitch? I thought the whole problem was that the stock fogs were too dim up front?

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:22 AM
The front is fine for me I was going to replace the rear fogs i figured the wiring would be the same though. The stock front fogs plus headlights are fine for me though

Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:50 AM
You mean your backup lights?

Thursday, May 15, 2014 6:13 AM
No I actually have rear fog lights but they aren't that bright. That's why I am planning to add some aux lighting I will have some in the front and rear though. Anyway I did have to pull apart one of my fog lights this weekend because it was filling with water so to get the light out you just have to twist the socket for the bulb and it will come out the fog assembly was held in by 2 plastic screws some very thin nuts they aren't actually a real nut you could use on a bolt but they are about 11mm if I remember correctly. It took me about 10 minutes to get one out which isn't bad considering the room you have to work with.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search