All Years DRL Disable and Other Headlight Tricks - Page 11 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: All Years DRL Disable and Other Headlight Tricks
Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:40 PM
Hey guys. I want to do this on my 2004 but is seems as though I can't see any of the pics in the instructions. The image shack pictures are all unrecognized url's? Can any one re post the pics or take there own pics of them doing it? It's a little hard to follow with out the pics... Lol totally new to working on j-body's. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:28 PM
Anyone?
Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:52 PM
So I figured out that you can just pull the DRL relay, but then you just get a service light. Any one who can help me out here, I will be very greatful..
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:13 PM
The trick is to jumper two of the terminals to trick the system into thinking everything is alright... I can't tell you at this moment which ones, but I can tell you that all that's needed is a short piece of wire with the ends flattened. A view of the wiring-diagram should tell you which two points would be looking for current flowing between them while in "Drive".

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:16 PM
So in theory. All I got to do is take a voltmeter and figure out which terminal behind the relay is ground, and which one is receiving power while in drive and run a jumper wire between the two?
Thursday, August 28, 2014 12:19 AM
I am not sure that's right.
Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:24 AM
It's super easy on the newer cars. Just getting the dark blue wire from the bcm under the dash.

Saturday, August 30, 2014 11:11 AM
Herbert Halstead wrote:I am not sure that's right.

You're right... That's not how you do it. The thing to do is review a service manual to see what points in the mount would see current when the relay is closed.

Meantime, I'll review what I did & try to get back to you immediately.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Saturday, August 30, 2014 1:53 PM
Thanks man. As soon as I posed that it just didn't sound right. I think it was late and I wasn't thinking right. If I can get a visual reference of this blue wire everyone is mentioning I pretty much understand that it needs to be pulled from the bcm plug and grounded. Am I understanding correctly?
Saturday, August 30, 2014 4:19 PM
I can't say, personally... I've only done the trick to my '99 S-truck, along with defeating the automatic headlight's photo-sensor.(Disconnected the plug & jumped its leads with a resistor!)

Still, I'm sure there's considerable difference to the wiring of this differing bodies... Just maybe not in the detail of that one relay. As soon as I can take a look at my work, I'll write back as to what points to jumper. Meanwhile, stay cool.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, August 31, 2014 10:29 PM
I appreciate you guys trying to help me out with this. I need to get a Chiltons for the Cavi.

Monday, September 01, 2014 6:14 AM
If you need a chiltons manual to figure this out modding might not be in your best interest. This is one of the easiest things to do, and I'm not quite sure why there are 11 pages. Since I don't have a 00+ I can't get pictures for you, but if you take a picture of the bcm I'll edit it so you know exactly what needs to be done.

Monday, September 01, 2014 3:21 PM
Just because I say I need to get a Chiltons doenst mean I am incompetent. I don't have cavalier wireing diagrams just laying around my house. And the instructions on this page have no actual working pics nor do they have working links to pics for me to fully varify which wire needs to be grounded.
Monday, September 01, 2014 5:11 PM
Here's something to start with:

A longlist.

After that, try these:

Much to choose from....

An odd source... But worth trying!

Here's what I did... But remember, I have an S-truck: Page 3, post #29

Try what you will & good luck, friend.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, June 12, 2015 10:29 PM
I have a 05 sunfire I need help with , I'm a newbie how do I post on this site ?

I have a 05 sunfire and I wanna replace the dark relay , I bought one and it's a 5 pin but when I look in fuse pannel where it goes I only see 4 places that have connectors that it plugs into , has one maybe fell throu the back of the fuse panel, help pls
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search