URGENT! help with 99 to 00 front end conversion, lighting nightmare! - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
URGENT! help with 99 to 00 front end conversion, lighting nightmare!
Saturday, December 20, 2014 3:03 PM
ok hi all here at JBO, its been long, wayyy to long several years in fact...

anyway recently aquired a 99 z24, followed the how to sticky on the conversion and yay it looks like a 00-02, HOWEVER... heres where the night mare begins

first i began buy cutting the pigtales off the 00' light harness and splicing them how the sticky had informed me to...

didnt work, no marker lights now and left headlight very dim...

ok so started over, respliced pigtails back onto the 2000 donor car harness (i only have the part that plugs in under the battery big oval plug to the lights)

and well... same deal, i have the 00 harness rewired back to how it was originally with good connections

with all lights off the highbeam light on the dash is on, if i turn on just the markers it goes off, however both turn signal arrows come on, but no markers are on up front.... if i turn the headlights on they both work high and low but left is extremely dim..... turn signals work as if bulbs are blown but they arent, back work fine but flash fast, front flash VERY dim but no markers on....

im at a total loss on this and am at a point where i have no clue on what to do next, any help is appreciated as this is my DAILY DRIVER

Re: URGENT! help with 99 to 00 front end conversion, lighting nightmare!
Tuesday, December 23, 2014 5:53 AM
i fixed the marker/turns they now work properly, however im unable to solve the dim left headlight issue, so temporarily i wired the left one to the right one just so it works.....

any help is appreciated
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search