which spoiler/wing? permanent install - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which spoiler/wing? permanent install
Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:17 PM
Give me your opinion on with spoiler I should install
Attachments
IMG_20150122_161523.jpg (1136k)

Re: which spoiler/wing? permanent install
Friday, January 23, 2015 9:39 PM
Tbh neither, shaved is the way to go. Spoilers serve no purpose on front wheel drive

ReD RaiN
Friday, January 23, 2015 10:26 PM
i say bottom. i really dont like the top one.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 9:11 PM
None.

2001 called and they would like there rice wing back please return. Thank
Sunday, January 25, 2015 8:14 AM
bottom
Monday, February 02, 2015 6:42 PM
Top one is way to rice, plus a lot more drag.
Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:29 PM
I say the bottom one the whole spoilerless thing is boring even though some say theirs no point to have one in my eyes they were added to cars to add some sort of extra styling which no one seems to do anymore everyone here or most people think its old or just are stuck on what everyone else does .... its just like adding a different lip or front/rear bumpers or side skirts but if you look at most of the cars you get the same set ups over and over again just in differnet colors ... dont be afraid to set your car up the way u want to because its your car as long as your happy with it thats alll that matters...
Saturday, February 28, 2015 8:09 AM
JUST BUY A HONDA IF YOURE INTO WINGED CARS

BLACKMANTIS
Saturday, February 28, 2015 8:10 AM
EXTRA DRAG AND WEIGHT TO OUR CARS IS USELESS

BLACKMANTIS
Saturday, February 28, 2015 10:45 AM
if you really must have one id go with the neon style wing (bottom one) but unless the thing came stock id just go with none. spoilers are pointless on FWD. If you want what a spoiler does id go with canards or splitters on the front.
Sunday, March 01, 2015 3:17 AM
I'm surprised to see a couple of you guys saying "spoilers are pointless on FWD" and "Spoilers serve no purpose on front wheel drive".
There is no truth to those statements. Rear spoilers are used on FWD cars for the exact same reason they are used on RWD cars,,, aerodynamic balance.

I like the top one best. It has more of a GT class look to it. Plus, it can be adjusted.

Sunday, March 01, 2015 9:27 AM
good point there. But if not installed correctly they add drag and even if installed correctly there will always be that Dbag at the car shows that bought a bone stock mach 1 and suddenly thinks hes the greatest authority on tuning (but for some reason doesn't know the above stated fact and notices you are an FWD with a spoiler,) will hound you like crazy about your rice. So i generally avoid spoilers for that reason. unless its the stock one but even then i sometimes remove them. (i believe in weight reduction and lower center of gravity)
Sunday, March 01, 2015 2:16 PM
I'll agree street cars really don't need a spoiler, unless you drive on a lot of fast twisty roads. And yeah, they do add drag.
I like stock spoilers on Z24, Trans Am, Fiero, etc. Huge wings are not may thing, but some folks like them and some cars look pretty good with them. My 88 has something other than a 'stock' spoiler, but it a small wing that is close to original type. I'm not sure what it came off of, or if it was just some aftermarket one. An old neighbor left it when they moved and I got it. When I bought my 88 Z24 (which didn't have a spoiler) a couple years after getting the spoiler, I sat it on it and thought it looked pretty good.

It just comes down to whatever you like. To the OP, just pick the one you like best and don't worry if someone likes the other better,,, just offer to sell it them them if they like it so much
Saturday, March 07, 2015 11:59 PM
Kailas Hearn wrote:good point there. But if not installed correctly they add drag and even if installed correctly there will always be that Dbag at the car shows that bought a bone stock mach 1 and suddenly thinks hes the greatest authority on tuning (but for some reason doesn't know the above stated fact and notices you are an FWD with a spoiler,) will hound you like crazy about your rice. So i generally avoid spoilers for that reason. unless its the stock one but even then i sometimes remove them. (i believe in weight reduction and lower center of gravity)[/quote

see right their in the above statement you care what others think and how others judge you so you just like others give in to someone dissing you or wanting to be different and thats why i could care less what others think and say the heck with it do what you want and you turn heads while doing it then its all good.... adding style and personal touches to your ride is what its all about considering it is your car so laugh at all the ones that like to judge you for not being them or doing what they think you should be doing because guess what its not their car!!
]
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:39 AM
Absolutely forget about the top one IMO.
The bottom one is better, but still a bit high, IMO.

Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:12 PM
Bottom or None IMO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search