DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion - Page 2 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Sunday, October 18, 2009 3:07 PM
one question? how did you get enough room to remove the multi function switch connector? my hands are too big to fit under to push the tab down to remove it.

thanks




Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:06 PM
4drcav wrote:

one question? how did you get enough room to remove the multi function switch connector? my hands are too big to fit under to push the tab down to remove it.

thanks


If you're talking about what I think you're talking about,
I just removed the multifunction switch on the steering column to get at the connector.. The screw by the tilt lever is a Pita, but I just used a needle nose to get at it.
Remember, if it can be put together, it can be taken apart.
Good luck!



Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:13 PM
I've got an 03+ and did not have to ground the wire in the steering column. Everything worked fine. Not sure if there is a wiring difference on the 03+s because of the different tail wiring.



http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:15 PM
you dont even need to remove it... just cut the white wire with some pliers.



Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:19 PM
http://www.members.shaw.ca/toyota_cavalier/page5/page5.html

I do believe that Lenko did this write up. Its been around for a while. I used it on both of my cars when I did them.



Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:21 PM
mitdr774 wrote:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/toyota_cavalier/page5/page5.html

I do believe that Lenko did this write up. Its been around for a while. I used it on both of my cars when I did them.


^^^ link is on OP at the bottom for reference along with 2 others.





Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 5:12 PM
Finished installing my toyo tails today and here are the results:

Pic:




Video:








Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 5:15 PM
WOO!
Congrats on the install.... bear mits and all!



Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Monday, October 19, 2009 5:23 PM
^^^^

thanks, the install was actually a lot easier than I made it out to be. but thats what the whole learning experience is all about.


I still say sticky this thread, was a lot of help to me.



Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:14 PM
So i wired them up today following this DIY, everything worked well!

I did discover something along the way, if your like me and HATE cutting up a factory harness and want to avoid it when possible you can!

You can take apart the factory plug, take the prongs out and put them into the toyo harness, eliminating any cutting! Just use a small flat screwdriver to unhook them from the plastic plug and pull them out. This can even be done for the plug going into the signal switch!

heres some pics.

Taking the prongs out of the toyo harness


And the final product.




Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:06 AM
someone pm a moderator or something because this needs to be stickied




Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:05 PM
Bringing this back from the dead, once the white wire is cut from the malfunction switch and they are wrapped with electrical tape is that it? Do I just reinstall the switch and not worry about the clipped wires?



Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:20 PM
yup.. tuck them away and forget about them for ever!



Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:32 PM
This is how I did mine. This and previous write ups are just fabulous.

Chesta717 wrote:

So i wired them up today following this DIY, everything worked well!

I did discover something along the way, if your like me and HATE cutting up a factory harness and want to avoid it when possible you can!

You can take apart the factory plug, take the prongs out and put them into the toyo harness, eliminating any cutting! Just use a small flat screwdriver to unhook them from the plastic plug and pull them out. This can even be done for the plug going into the signal switch!

heres some pics.

Taking the prongs out of the toyo harness


And the final product.



Sig'less since '02!
Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:32 PM
Hi, I know this is a really old post.. But where can i buy the toyota cavalier tail lights? they are hard to find in the us!
Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Friday, February 20, 2015 8:45 PM
Keep checking eBay... best bet




http://members.cardomain.com/freakycavy
Re: DIY - Toyota Cavalier Tail Light Conversion
Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:44 AM
I have a set for sale!





BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search