99 Sunfire Coupe Exterior Mods - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99 Sunfire Coupe Exterior Mods
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:19 AM
So I have a 99 Sunfire Coupe, and I’ve been wanting to do some exterior mods to it just to make it look better. Problem is, all the bumpers and lips and stuff are ricey AF and there aren’t any tasteful front/rear lips for the 95-99 Sunfire Coupe. Anyone know of some ideas? I’m going for this kind of look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQ8GrqdyLQ
Also I found this video of some dude’s Sunfire, it’s a bit of an ugly duckling but I was wondering if someone could recognize the front/rear lips on it. https://youtu.be/mHc9A52dKbs

Re: 99 Sunfire Coupe Exterior Mods
Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:33 AM
Carid offers body kits for your '99 Sunfire.
Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:23 PM
Yeah, but they're ugly as sin. I want a clean look, not that riced-out early 2000's Fast and Furious stuff.
Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:26 PM
Check out extreme dimensions. Lots to cl choose from.

ReD RaiN
Friday, July 19, 2019 3:54 AM
What mods have you gone for?
Monday, April 03, 2023 12:16 PM
did you every think to try a GT bumper? and if that isn't enough then try a, RK sport lip on the GT bumper.
Saturday, April 22, 2023 11:11 AM
The 1st link is Vincent Morris's old Cavalier with the Xtreme Tuner kit on it. It was made by GM as a dealer add on option. It has been discontinued for a LONG time now and is extremely rare. One person did cut up a kit and put it on a 03-05 Sunfire. No idea where that kit is now.

Swapping to a Cavalier front end or 03-05 Sunfire is possible.

Monday, April 24, 2023 10:47 AM
Yeah, Vincent Morris's cavalier is or should I say was. I think parted out.
Along with roofy's and azncav's and others. I am probably one of the few that still has the full Extreme Tuner kit. It is blue with a carbon fiber splitter. Sorry I can't remember who I bought it from. And sadly still not installed..
The sunfires I like a stock looked to them with just a oem wing and rksport front lip some coilovers, cold air intake, and cat back exhaust and you'll have a fun car.
I am 60 years old, close to retirement and want to finish the cav for car shows, show and go. Here in n.cal we have Hot August Night Modesto Graffiti, Pleasanton Good Guys, plus alot of smaller car meets.
Two questions if someone can help me. Where can I get GM tuner kit install instructions? Although I think any good body shop can install.
And are there similar wheels to Hagan's? Going for the original sema show look.
Sorry for long post but been so long
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 11:28 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:One person did cut up a kit and put it on a 03-05 Sunfire. No idea where that kit is now.

If you’re talking about Gary Frank’s kit I have the rear, and as far as I know Alex Myers still has the front.

Friday, April 28, 2023 6:43 PM
Carl Calvin wrote:Yeah, Vincent Morris's cavalier is or should I say was. I think parted out.

Last I saw it was still in one piece and surprisingly just as nice as when he sold it(at least in pictures). I was just talking to Vincent the other week. He told me that he was looking at buying it back once the current owner finished installing a MS3 standalone ECU in it.

I remember the car that your kit was on, but again I forget his name. I actually have a full kit too and I think I did get a set of instructions with it too, but no idea where they went too. Basically the whole kit is installed with 2 sided tape. The front bumper goes over the stock base model bumper. With the nicer installed people cut up the base bumper so none of it was seen behind the tuner bumper. Rear lip is just stuck on with 2 sided tape. I believe the side skirts have separate rocker panels with 2 sided tape that mounts to the stock rockers and the skirts mount to them. It has been a while since I looked at my kit.

No idea on the wheels.

Micah, yea it was Gary's car. Doing Goblin and baby Evo things is making me forget everyone's name.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search