Help...problem with drivers side fog light - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help...problem with drivers side fog light
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 1:36 PM
This weekend, I went to change the drivers side fog light as it was not working. I get under the car swap out the light, and nothing. I figured maybe the light was dead as well so, I go to the store and got another one and the same thing. I then found 2 more lying around the garage, and they did not work either so, my thought process was 5 lights can not be all broken. I then say to myself, there must be something wrong with the car. I then put it all back together and here we are now.

Does anyone know what I can look for or test to see why it is not working? The passenger side works fine and the drivers side does not.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Help...problem with drivers side fog light
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:05 PM
bad wiring. get a tester and check the wires to make sure they aren't broken.
<br>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:05 PM
test the socket see if power is going their, then go back from their... <br>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:20 PM
How do you "Go Back from there" on wires?
Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:24 PM
trace the wires back till the next connection point... <br>

UPDATE: Help..problem with drivers side fog light.
Sunday, April 17, 2005 11:05 AM
Ok, I finally got around to checking this out, but I still need some advice on this problem.

I do have the mod to keep the fog lights on when the high beams comes on. What I did today was, undo the mod to see of the passanger side does not come on. Low and behold, it does not come on. So my thinking is it has to be the Fog light relay.

Can it possable be the relay? If it is, which I think it is, can I just get a new one from Chevy parts and just plug it in and be back in business or is there more that needs to be done.

If anyone knows the answer to this, please let me know as this is really starting to piss me off.

- Chris -
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search