Meguiars Deep Crystal 3 step deal... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Meguiars Deep Crystal 3 step deal...
Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:44 PM
hey guys i was just wondering who all uses this 3 step process? I bought the first and third step but they didnt have the second step. I gotta look at murrays for it tommorow im just wondering who uses it and what do you think about it?

Re: Meguiars Deep Crystal 3 step deal...
Sunday, February 13, 2005 9:01 PM
i use it..works good

Sunday, February 13, 2005 11:26 PM
Is this a restore process or a specialized wax?
Monday, February 14, 2005 5:21 AM
It's not a restore process....it just helps get all the crap that is stuck in your paint out for a better shine. if the paint is really dirty to the touch after washing and using step one of that meguirs stuff, get a clay bar and work that on the paint then do the step one part followed by step 2 and 3. i use it and it works pretty good IMO. I do it by hand and not with a buffing maching and it shines pretty good and the water beads pretty damn good.
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:49 AM
I use it works great

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:27 AM
I do and have always been happy with it.

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:52 AM
same here

---

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:26 AM
Use it on my Trailblazer. Works awesome.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:53 AM
i used to use it

now i use a combination of clay-bar system, Maguiars Color-X and Scratch-X, Maguiars Show Car Glaze, and Zymol cleaner wax.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:55 AM
I tried some Mothers cleaner wax that I got as a free sample when doing a car show. I absolutely hated the stuff.

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:45 AM
2nd step is the polish, best step in my opinion!

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:48 AM
the only car cleaning products my car needs is some pledge to get the dust off...

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:57 AM
Well I'm always washing my car any day that it's nice outside or I have some free time. I use the Mr. Clean Auto-Dry Car Wash thing and IMO it's the best way to wash a car. After I wash the car and let it dry completely I spray my rims with acid and wash them off real quick (I really don't care about my rims at all, just as long as they're clean). Then I use the Meguiars Tire Shine stuff in a spray can and let it sit and wipe off the excess spray. Then I bust out the orbital buffer and use it to apply Meguiar's Color X, Meguiar's Scratch X, then I do the Mother's Three Step System (still using the buffer) then clean off the windows with Invisible Glass and use the Mother's Back To Black stuff wherever it needs it and that's pretty much it.
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:17 PM
Steve Hill wrote:Well I'm always washing my car any day that it's nice outside or I have some free time. I use the Mr. Clean Auto-Dry Car Wash thing and IMO it's the best way to wash a car.

I wish I could use that stuff. The water in my area is really hard, so it leaves water spots even with the Mr Clean.

---

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:53 PM
I won't knock something till I try it...so I started with Kit Car Carnuba wax, it was great but was horribly flaky (crap all over, towels couldn't get it all!). I bought Meguiar's Gold Class after that and I used it for nearly 6 months...when that ran out I bought Mother's California. So far, I like it, its been the best shine out of all 3.

So the deep crystal 3 step, how often do you use it? I wax my car about once every month, so how often would you recommend its use?
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:35 PM
I wouldn't do the whole 3 step process more than once or twice a year.

Every couple months or before a show when fully detailing the car I just use the 2nd two steps.

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:03 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:I tried some Mothers cleaner wax that I got as a free sample when doing a car show. I absolutely hated the stuff.

really? thats all i ever use on my car, works great for me

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:45 PM
its wierd, when i had my cav i loved the 3 step....and since i got my truck, i havnt touched it, thats kinda because i stepped up to zaino, but im gonna step in another direction an use other products, but again not the 3step, on the ford sites their is some realllllly serious car care people on their, you learn so much....anyway lol just somethin i thought was wierd...

Monday, February 14, 2005 4:35 PM
DrPaul-------wat's the Ford sites you're talking about? I kinda want to talk to those car care guys about some stuff
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:39 PM
www.f150online.com go to the car care an detailiing forum...rockpick is a moderator and has like a never endless amount of information on this stuff...

Monday, February 14, 2005 5:59 PM
i use P21S and love all their products. although it is rather pricey

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:17 PM
DrPaul, any thoughts on f150world.com? I used to be a member back when I had mine, but I downgraded to a cavy (talking size, here)
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:45 AM
Steve (CanadianJ) wrote:
Wild Weasel wrote:I tried some Mothers cleaner wax that I got as a free sample when doing a car show. I absolutely hated the stuff.

really? thats all i ever use on my car, works great for me

I found it created a ridiculous amount of dust when buffing it off.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:33 AM
xOPETHx wrote:i used to use it

now i use a combination of clay-bar system, Maguiars Color-X and Scratch-X, Maguiars Show Car Glaze, and Zymol cleaner wax.

I use most of that as well never used the color x what is it Like also another thing to try is the NX Tech wax its more expensive but it works great for first coat of the season

also my dad and all his buddies are huge vette guys they all have a 50th vette and the new c6 they all use mequiars and something else to strip the wax and all the crap in between its a polymer wax remover Im not to sure on the name but it makes it almost brand new condition I had swirls in my paint and I used it

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 6:56 AM
BuMmRz wrote:
xOPETHx wrote:i used to use it

I use most of that as well never used the color x what is it Like also another thing to try is the NX Tech wax its more expensive but it works great for first coat of the season

also my dad and all his buddies are huge vette guys they all have a 50th vette and the new c6 they all use mequiars and something else to strip the wax and all the crap in between its a polymer wax remover Im not to sure on the name but it makes it almost brand new condition I had swirls in my paint and I used it

hmm.....i think i need that Wax Remover stuff....i used to wax my car like once every 2 weeks (these Florida summers are brutal).

About the NX Tech Wax.....i used that stuff for about 4 months over the summer, and the shine WAS good, but it faded my paint like crazy....i wish i'd never used it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search