Shaved door handle kit REMOTES - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shaved door handle kit REMOTES
Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:15 PM
Okay, I think this is in the right forum, but if it isn't please move it for me.
I recently purchased a SPAL shaved door handle kit. It came with two remotes and an emergency button. I feel having 2 extra remotes and leaving them with other family members would be a good idea. Four remotes are much better than two since I have a tendency to lose things. My question is: where can I get just the remotes? I have e-mailed several people and all of them said they couldnt get just the remotes. I would also like to know if I need a SPAL remote or if others would work?
Thanks!!

Re: Shaved door handle kit REMOTES
Sunday, March 06, 2005 3:19 PM
Have you contacted spal? I also just got the spal amenity 7 channel 40lb kit. I ordered mine through ebay tho so i dont know much about the company or if you can order replacement remotes from them. You might be able to go to a local shop that programs keyless entry remotes and see if they can program a few extra remotes for you. I know autozone does them.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 5:31 PM
wise choice
spal is one of the best around i have been using them for many of yr`s
you won`t be disa pointed with the product

can i haz bondo
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:16 PM
okay, I e-mailed someone who sells a lot of Spal products and this is the response I received:
Samantha,
Thank you for the inquiry. The SPAL shaved door handle kits are only capabile of holding 2 remote controls at a time. If you need new remotes, you will need to purchase a shaved door control module, part number SHAVED. You can use the search option on the site to view that product. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Best Regards

Is that true?! I will have to buy another module just to get two more remotes....
Monday, March 07, 2005 11:52 PM
not sure, i would try contacting spal and see what they say, or if they dont respond contact other spal dealers.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:40 AM
If your doing this to your ride I hope u have an alarm and if so
hook it up to the alarm and use that remote I got neons, and when I get my door kit from joe I'm gettin those add to my alarm
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:36 AM
Wow if you need 4 remotes thats just bad lol.. I have only 2. Obviously I carry one with me and I leave the extra one at home. If I need it just make a quick call home for someone to bring it to me. I just dont think you need to go through all this extra trouble just for 2 MORE remotes.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:10 AM
put one in a magnetic key holder and stick it under your car, that way if you lose one you still have one with you.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search