Carbonfiber Hood - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Carbonfiber Hood
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:44 AM
Just wondering becasue i just installd
a vis racing hood on my car. should i
install hood pins. a few people tell me
that i should so the latch dosent break off
and blow into my face. my car is a daily
driver so its not all show, anyone have an
sugestions? what have you done? thanxs in
advance

Re: Carbonfiber Hood
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:45 AM
if you feel more comfortable with hood pins, then do it. not too many people have had any problems with hoods flying up. so it's up to you. wouldn't hurt though.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:49 AM
i would. i have a cf hood with pins in it. people dont like it because they say it makes it look ugly. id rather spend the extra 20 bucks and be positive that im protecting my investment. if you do get pins though, dont get the locking ones. i heard people had a hard time with the lock rusting and not bein' able to open

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:52 PM
want incentive? a friend of mine just had $4500.00 worth of repairs done to his car due to the hood flying up at speed. smashed the windshield, roof, split the hood almost in half, the dash cracked... need i say more

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:59 PM
^^ dam how did the dash crack??

was he ok?

happy happy joy joy

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:03 PM
^^^ i saw a mustang like that. Idiot forgot to secure the hoodpins with no stock latch.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:15 PM
its was that little bezel thing that goes around the front of the dash next to the window. not sure how it broke just that there was about a 3 x 3 inch section broken out.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:23 PM
I have the pins. Better safe than sorry. It goes like this...MURPHY'S law...
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:46 PM
yeah, just from experience....i had a 03 wrecked rebuild.
took me a few months and some cash to rebuild correctly.........and just when i had it done, i decided to take my first joy ride around the block. =(

well, when i gave it a lil gas to see what it would do, my hood flew up, and smacked the front window, roof, and bounced off the 1/4 panels till i got the car stopped.

in the end, i forgot to securely fasten the hood pins to the hood, and ruined all the work i did to the car, and it looked like shi@#. about 600$ more, and i learned my lesson.

hood pins work, and keep the hood from jiggling around a lil at speed. make sure they are locked.

speed costs money, i have little money, so i have little speed. Donations are appreciated =)
Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:21 AM
well forget the clean look
im deff getting hood pins thanks
for all the info everyone
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:42 AM
Wow what a unique name. I got hoodpins. Like the look without them but the $$$ could go to other areas instead of fixing roof. ( i got glass coverage ) :-) But yea i would never do aftermarket hood without the pins. Its like a hot looking girl with gonasifaherpalese. Nice to look at but wouldnt go anywhere with it.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:59 AM
Quote:

gonasifaherpalese

Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:46 PM
gonasifaherpalese

guessin its like a slang for all the std's together....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search