Brighter lights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Brighter lights
Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:39 AM

Re: Brighter lights
Saturday, April 08, 2006 4:51 AM
Just get HID man if you wantthe brightest and the best for you at night.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:10 AM
next best thing to HID's is sylvania Silverstars.

Ill make a sig someday
Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:02 PM
silverstars

Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:17 PM
hids or silverstars

Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:29 PM
Silverstars look stock to me, Go HID if you want bright bulbs.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, April 08, 2006 12:37 PM
Get silverstars. Don't go HID unless you retrofit HID safe projectors into your housings. It's a danger to other drivers at best, and annoying to them at worst to put HID into your stock housings. Stock Cavalier housings are not designed for HID lighting, and glare like crazy.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 2:24 PM
HIR if they are available in the correct bulb number.
Saturday, April 08, 2006 2:26 PM
silverstars

moe bright for the buck in my opinion
Monday, April 10, 2006 9:43 AM
Yes Silverstars definitely do NOT look stock, and they're pretty much one step below HID's.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:56 AM
20Rob05 wrote:Yes Silverstars definitely do NOT look stock, and they're pretty much one step below HID's.

funny cuz i placed a silverstar in one light and an oem bulb in the other and side by side they are the same. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to justify pissing money away on basicly over rated bulbs. I took them back needles to say.

Monday, April 10, 2006 11:27 AM
not sliverstars are stock because that is what i got for my headlights and they dont look like HID

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Monday, April 10, 2006 4:31 PM
20Rob05 wrote:Yes Silverstars definitely do NOT look stock, and they're pretty much one step below HID's.

youll never get close to hid unless you have hid bulb and a ballast bottom line

Monday, April 10, 2006 6:08 PM
Phlatcav wrote:

funny cuz i placed a silverstar in one light and an oem bulb in the other and side by side they are the same. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to justify pissing money away on basicly over rated bulbs. I took them back needles to say.

I bought Silverstars, tried them at night and to me they seemed to be just like stock bulbs... just my 2 cents...

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:01 AM
Phlatcav wrote:

^^^^^agreed, these only a minor difference that i noticed.

If it doesnt break then you didnt drive it hard enough
I drive an automatic, I'll race you... 1 hand and 1 foot.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:28 AM
I got some APC bulbs for free from autozone and they look alot better then stock.
More of a whiteish color and alot brighter. And i have some silverstars in my trunk right now and when i did have them in they looked better then stock. They are in no way compareable to HID but they work for now.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:47 AM
my silverstars have more of a whiteish light, whereas stock they were more yellowish... its funny cuz my fogs dont match the headlights at all anymore, the fogs are more yellow than white, but i like the look... also the silverstars by themself are brighter than my highbeams... my vote goes to silverstars...

-----------
ayo 8 Iz Enuff
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:01 PM
Phlatcav wrote:

Im not trying to justify anything. I just know for a fact in 4 cars iv changed them for people including my own and my fiancees they are alot, ALOT nicer than stock. They produce a whiter light and they definitly help me see better. And it takes alot to impress me when it comes to lights at night.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:15 PM
I use the Sylvania XV bulbs... 1/2 the price of Silverstars and all the brightness but not as white... Check the Sylvania Site and see for yourself.

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:39 PM
I would say use Sylvania Silverstars...in my opinion they are brighter than stock (I can see a lot better at night because of them).
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:18 PM
Silverstars are $37.99 how much are HIDs?

Silverstars are a touch brighter and alot whiter then stock bulbs, my stock bulbs looked like they where shining through a dirty screen, silverstars look white, but H4 projectors is the way to go.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:27 PM
A proper HID setup you are looking at around $600 for bulbs, ballasts, wiring and conversion to projection lenses if done right (about $200-$300 if not converting to projection lenses).

Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 2:43 PM
Do any of you have any pictures of the silverstars compared to stock? Prob a long shot ? but i'll ask anyways.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 3:31 PM
check here they have images showing a comparison of thier bulbs... Sylvania site

Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 3:33 PM
Here I'll be nice and post a link right to thier comparison site...

Comparison Pictures

Jack of all trades.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search