cost to fill holes - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cost to fill holes
Friday, May 05, 2006 10:17 AM
just bought an 02 cavalier and whoever had it before me took off the original spoiler and put little black caps in them and bolted on a new wing, creating 4 more holes. I am going to take off the wing and put an original spoiler back on or go with no spoiler and I was just wondering if anyone has done this and had the holes filled and painted and was wondering if anyone could gimme an estimate on what kind of cost I am looking at. I'd appreciate it.

Re: cost to fill holes
Friday, May 05, 2006 10:31 AM
you can lead or weld it shut yourself...its not hard to do.

Friday, May 05, 2006 1:20 PM
For welding it shut, prepping for paint, paint and everything you probalt looking at about 175-200 bucks maybe.

Friday, May 05, 2006 3:35 PM
screw all that get a trunk from a junkyard for 20 bucks and get it painted for 100 bucks. (and then u have the orig. trunk to play around with i.e. shaving taillights, molded spoilers, center tails from a diff car.) hell you could even rent a spray gun and compressor 50 bucks for the day, buy the paint and paint it your self.

Friday, May 05, 2006 3:45 PM
that`s would be the route i would go with, if no experience with body work and or welding things could get ugly
if ya went that route with the deck lid to do it right R&I EVERYTHING blend the 1/4`s
i would do it for 550
so drive to chicago and i will do it

can i haz bondo
Friday, May 05, 2006 3:51 PM
oh and ur little danasoft crap is wrong bigdaddy...the only thing thats right is my id number...hacktec router/modem/and signal splitter/re-router. any way i might possibly know where to get a deck for u with no hole, its manta green 10 bucks and 20 to ship.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 6:45 AM
ok i really don`t care about that little picture thing...lol....

can i haz bondo
Saturday, May 06, 2006 6:12 PM
When I wanted to see how much shops would cost for this, I had estimates for the labor, work, paint, etc ranging from $350-$600. Call some shops or bring it there and see.
Saturday, May 06, 2006 9:22 PM
buy or rent a welder and do it your self.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 10:45 PM
the welding thing could (no offence) and probably will get very ugle very fast...the skin on the trinklid is very thing and takes very little to burn right through it and make things worse

getting another trunklid at a junkyard would prolly be the best bet...i bet if you ate patient and look hard enought you can find an alredy manta green one

Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:
Sorry that you aren't fond of me... I guess you seem to be a loner in that crowd bud.

...i beg to differ
Sunday, May 07, 2006 5:47 AM
i had an estimate done once for me and they wanted to charge me like 250. that was to weld the holes and repaint my trucklid. it would probably be cheaper to get one from a nearby junkyard and get it painted or just find one that is the same color.

SIG coming to an org near you!!!

Sunday, May 07, 2006 9:47 AM
I have a stock 97 manta green trunk lid

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search