Type- J people.. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Type- J people..
Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:53 PM
Anyone have pics of how much of the crush guard you guys removed? I finally got everything off the front of my car and thats one of the things i need to do next..

Also Is the black lower air dam deflector really needed? You can see it hangin here in the picture...

...its 3/4 of the way torn off from when i went off the road in the winter 3 years ago... oops. I took a knife and took it the rest of the way off, if its really needed i will just get another one when i hit up the junk yard when searching for the headlight brackets i need.

Re: Type- J people..
Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:29 PM
I cut mine down pretty low , not all the way though. I just cut a little, test fit, cut little more if needed, test fit, so on and so on til it fits alright. as for that other thing, im PRETTY sure you need it, I cant remember exactly why

Thursday, May 18, 2006 5:34 PM
Well can not answear your question real well but that lower piece is the air deflector.
It deflects the air to the rad. Without it your car will run hotter. May not overheat but in time it could.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 6:33 PM
ha ha..... damn it all, just my luck. Well looks like i will be whipping out some epoxy and duck tape to put the sonfa back on there. OH well...

Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:53 PM
just drill out the rivits, it is perfectly fine to not have the guard on there, and easier, just not as safe

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search