shaving emblems - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
shaving emblems
Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:09 PM
Whats the process for shaving off the front and rear emblems on my cavi? i know its gonna be alot harder than it seems, what will i have to repaint, if anything?

Re: shaving emblems
Saturday, September 02, 2006 11:56 PM
Assuming your cav is the 95-99 in your sig. You'll need some dental floss, goo gone, and a credit card (or other plastic card for scrapeing goo off your paint).

If you can't McGuyver a solution with those three I'd be supprised. But just in case:

1. Use the floss to cut the sticky backing between the badges and your paint.
2. Liberally apply goo gone and wait a minute for it to set in.
3. Use the card to gently scrape the goop off. *note: I am not responsible for scratches in your paint because you don't know what you are doing

If your car was ever repainted another color you'll have to repaint the panel you just scraped junk off of. Hood/trunk.

4. Wash
5. Wax
6. Enjoy.

Why isn't this in a sticky?

Sunday, September 03, 2006 12:07 AM
ya i saw that about 2 seconds later, but i just wanted to make sure that it didnt have holes under it.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:26 PM
wut if it is an 00-02?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:07 PM
tim rumrill wrote:wut if it is an 00-02?

same thing as above
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:22 PM
The newer the car the easier it comes off.

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:24 PM
ok sorry to ask but wut about the side moldings?? not that easy are they?

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:34 PM
Is floss really that strong? I always thought to use fishing line but I guess floss is alot more thin.

Friday, September 22, 2006 7:27 PM
Fishing line works much better.

Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:31 AM
i used charcoal lighter fluid instead of goo gone, lighter fluid is cheaper.

I would have wrote you a poem, but I couldn't find anything that rhymed with F@#K OFF!
Sunday, October 01, 2006 3:15 AM
tim rumrill wrote:ok sorry to ask but wut about the side moldings?? not that easy are they?

same thing, just takes longer to get rid of the adhesive

Sunday, October 01, 2006 4:20 AM
Cherubim wrote:
3. Use the card to gently scrape the goop off. *note: I am not responsible for scratches in your paint because you don't know what you are doing

i wouldnt even risk taking a card and doing that.. nothing wrong with some rags and ur thumbs.. the goo gone will ease the stuff off and just take ur hand and kind rub on it with the goo gone and itll basically roll right off. less chance of paint damage.

1956chevy wrote:i used charcoal lighter fluid instead of goo gone, lighter fluid is cheaper.

yes.. but u can also damage ur paint if u dont get it all off..

but after using goo gone or if u try the lighter fluid u will need to really wash the car, and wax it becuz that stuff will also remove the wax off ur paint. not to mention the paint under the emblems and moldings wont have wax on em anyway.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:25 AM
i shaved my friends 99 cavalier RS and all i used what a flat head screw driver like a really little one, all i did was pull up one end of the emblem and then took my hand and pulled it off. then to get the glue off i picked it off with my hand and then used goo gone and then waxed it after i was done and it came out great.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search