question on 00-02 corner lens - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question on 00-02 corner lens
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:17 AM
Has anyone taken the lens off the corner lights? I have something in the works that I am going to do to them but I tried and I cant get the lens off for nothing. Heated them up in the oven and everything any help would help. yes I also tired a knofe too

Re: question on 00-02 corner lens
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:34 AM
they are heat sealed on, when i tried to black out my stockers, i busted the lense getting them off, so i donno.... i was thinking about taking the corner and the headlight housing and moldng them together then talkin to izn and getting one solid lense made for them to make it all one peice, but just tooo much work for somthing that may look like ass i figured....

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:37 AM
well I have projector lens for the turn signals that I want to put in thats why I was wondering

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:53 AM
its been done yes.. i know joe shulte did it and a few others.. but personally i havent..

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:18 PM
i did it on someone elses they were really hard you have to heat them alot and be really careful but at the same time pry really hard. i only cracked one lens. its possible though

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 1:24 PM
ill have to give it another shot. This set is a tester set if I can get these to work I have a new set on the way I will do it to and be permenant

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 2:08 PM
hey bud. can you cut the housing with a dremel under the lens, and then silicone the housing back on when you are done?

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:02 PM
that seems to be the easyest way to do it, cuz i know i ruined a lense trying to do it....

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:10 PM
it is hard to get a dremel in that spot. I can post pics of where the seal is but it would be real hard

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search