chopped top - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
chopped top
Tuesday, August 07, 2007 11:31 PM
just wondering if anyone has any idea or a ball park figure on what the costs are in chopping the roof like 3-4 inches, I seen it on one other cavy and I think it looks amazing, please no stupid remarks just good old comments or answers,,,thanks

Re: chopped top
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:18 AM
go to a custom shop and ask them. my guess would be around the 2500-3000 range

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 3:55 AM

This guy would know. He hasn't been an active member in a while I think.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:03 AM
ya man, remember its not just cutting it down, and welding it back up. then you need to have custom glass fit to the car, which aint gonna be cheap.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:33 AM
yeah thats the part that I am more worried about is the custom glass, anyone know how I would get ahold of that memebr with the chopped top pictured above?

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:57 AM
If I remember right, the slope of the pillars was changed so that the factory windshield and rear glass was able to be utilized, the custom glass was the side windows only....

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:19 AM

Rich te owner of the chop top isn't the orginal owner.....
The car is in Calgary or Edmonton now......
I'll look it up l had some info on that car before..

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 9:46 AM
Has anyone ever chopped a 4 door?
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 1:13 PM
Kardain wrote:If I remember right, the slope of the pillars was changed so that the factory windshield and rear glass was able to be utilized, the custom glass was the side windows only....

yea that is right. thats how some people do it so you dont need a custom windshield made

Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:48 PM
Personally I know I could a lot better things to do to my car with that amount of money, I think that looks retarded. But it is very different and probablly gets a lot of attention, and I give props to anyone that can do that!

Thursday, August 09, 2007 1:13 AM
the car now resides in stettler alberta canada. the new owners name is quiksilver i believe, met him to sell him a flywheel/clutch, nice car and it did need custom glass but iirc the original owner "dave" got sponsored so it wasnt all that pricey

Thursday, August 09, 2007 5:41 AM
-MD- LD9 wrote:
This guy would know. He hasn't been an active member in a while I think.

kewl that looks sick

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:30 PM
guys chopppin` a roof is not a easy task, the upper a-pillars can be moved yes to save the factory glass, but but i do t hem differently and chop differently dont even ask for a how to cant do it
allot of labor!!!! allot of experience!!!! and allot of money!!!! the last one i did the ending price was 5,000 yes it looks great on the right car but i hope you have allot of money to spend and are a very patient man

can i haz bondo
Friday, November 02, 2007 9:49 PM
Yes the front winshield is stock, back window is stock and even the sunroof. The roof itself is about 4" shorter and 3" wider from stock. It was an awesome experience for me, but don't thionk I'd ever do it again. It was a real pain in the ass to do. Being a unibody was real difficult because the car can fold in the middle without proper support. Most of the spot welds were drilled out and the pieces were taken off, cut, and assembled in the proper process. Just when I thought the body was a challenge, the interior waited for me in the end. I used all factory plastic panels inside the car. Metal you can cut and weld, but plactic was a little tough.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search