side skirts - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
side skirts
Friday, January 18, 2008 6:16 AM
I'm looking to drop my car just a little bit, and currently have some new 18s put on there. I don' like the look of the cars slammed to like 2 inches off the ground, so I stayed away from body kits in general, but was curious: if I just got some side skirts, would that bring the car any further to the ground? and would it look awkward?

thanks

Re: side skirts
Friday, January 18, 2008 6:55 AM
Just side skirts and no front or rear would look really akward, unless they are the stock LS Sport/Z24 sides. Just get the whole LS Sport lip kit.

Friday, January 18, 2008 7:59 AM
to answer your question, yes and no. no it wont actually bring the car closer to the ground but yes it will make the body closer to the ground since your adding skirts. it will appear to be lower even though its not. same thing goes for rims. people assume the wheel gap is bigger with rims even though its still the same as stock but just more noticible with rims since the sidewall of the tire has decreased.

it will look akward as mentioned above. unless you have like the person above me in the sig, the lip kit on your bumpers then the ls sides will flow perfectly

Friday, January 18, 2008 10:22 AM
Go low or go home!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search