aftermarket drivinglights/factory harness - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
aftermarket drivinglights/factory harness
Friday, June 27, 2008 4:27 PM
I looked on here and didn't find the info I seeked. Sorry if this a repeated and or dumb question.
I have an 02 ls sport. I pulled my factory driving light when I replaced all the front openings with mesh.
I was wondering if I could use aftermarket lights of the same wattage +/- a couple watts and wire them to the stock harness? I'm really trying not to spend $160 or so on the RK valance. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get flamed for this so
feel free to call me names but, please give me the correct answer as well.

Re: aftermarket drivinglights/factory harness
Friday, June 27, 2008 4:59 PM
Well the factory lights are going to be like 23watts. I doubt you will find any fog light less then 50 - 55 watts. If that is the case, it's not recommended using the factory wiring etc as they would draw more current then the factory wiring is set up to handle. This could cause a fire in time.

What I would do is put in the fog lights aftermarket, then use a relay and use the factory on/off switch if you can as the trigger to turn the relay on and off.

i hope that helps...

Ryan1

Re: aftermarket drivinglights/factory harness
Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:29 AM
Actually, I am not sure now if you can use the factory switch to control the on and off as I beleive that switch goes to the BCM and the BCM gives the on/ff function.

Probably best to just run all new everything to be safe

Ryan1

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search