side view mirrors on a third gen vert - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
side view mirrors on a third gen vert
Friday, November 28, 2008 12:38 AM
Are the side view mirrors the exact same for the coupe and convertible models for the 95-99?

I just bought m3 style cf side view mirrors from ebay and went to install them today and the plates are a completly different size. They are close but still no where near fitting into place.
Im just curious if maybe they sent me the wrong plates or if they are infact different from the coupes to the verts.

Thanks.

Re: side view mirrors on a third gen vert
Friday, November 28, 2008 1:08 AM
Nevermind, i found my answer in searches, i was just using wrong keywords before. Looks like im selling the mirrors.

Friday, November 28, 2008 3:50 PM
Sorry that happened. Yeah, the 'vert mirror plates are different as the doors have no window frames. I've taken apart coupe mirrors and assembled them with the 'vert plates before with mixed results. There's an eBay vendor that sells OEM style (made in China) 'vert mirrors cheap and the ones I got weren't half bad. I'm going to try painting them and see how it goes. - Mark

Saturday, November 29, 2008 7:51 PM
I ended up just drilling holes and mounted them on the car, and it didnt turn out as bad as i thought, almost looks stock fitment

Saturday, November 29, 2008 7:54 PM
hey bro you got any pics of your interior? or of the whole VERT for that matter.. im loving it

Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:22 PM
Im too lazy to post them on photobucket then relink them on here(dail-up) but heres my car domain that has a few more shots of it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3172124

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search