Bumper dimensions - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bumper dimensions
Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:11 AM
Does anybody know the dimensions, height, width and depth, of an 05+ rear bumper cover?. I really like the new style bumper and was trying to figure out how hard it would be to retrofit on an 01 Z.

Re: Bumper dimensions
Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:14 AM
it fits right on.....just need to remove the filler panels under the tail lights.

Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:14 PM
05+???

Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:58 PM
John Benham wrote:it fits right on.....just need to remove the filler panels under the tail lights.

Maybe. The bumper mounts up but I had to modify a bit.. I had a knock off from bumpers.com so i'm not sure if there's a difference, but I had to use sheet metal screws under the tail light to secure the 03+ bumpers filler panels. Also, I believe there might be a bracket on the wheel well on 03+ cars, but I had a gap where it mounts so I used a rubber hose to fill the space before I drove a screw through. I want to say somebody confirmed this when I did the mod years ago.

Convert 00+ headlights to 95-99
Friday, February 13, 2009 1:50 PM
03+. My fault.
Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:32 AM
cavGTP (1dersk8) wrote:
John Benham wrote:it fits right on.....just need to remove the filler panels under the tail lights.

Maybe. The bumper mounts up but I had to modify a bit.. I had a knock off from bumpers.com so i'm not sure if there's a difference, but I had to use sheet metal screws under the tail light to secure the 03+ bumpers filler panels. Also, I believe there might be a bracket on the wheel well on 03+ cars, but I had a gap where it mounts so I used a rubber hose to fill the space before I drove a screw through. I want to say somebody confirmed this when I did the mod years ago.

The 03+ bumpers have a plastic piece that it bolts to that you then bolt to the car. This will take care of the filler pieces, it will proide a piece to screw into. And if you did have this piece and still had the problem, oops nvm

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search