ViS Rear Bumper - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ViS Rear Bumper
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:49 PM
I'm going to be installing a poly-fiber ViS GT Bomber rear bumper this friday, and there is no place for the side bolts to go, so I was going to steal the hard plastic mount off my stock bumper....so....does anybody know what type of glue I would need to get the bolt mount piece to stick to the fiberglass bumper? I don't want to use the wrong stuff and have it fall off

Hope is not a plan. Change is not a destination.

Re: ViS Rear Bumper
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:05 PM
glue?

no dont use glue haha.. you have to drill holes for the the oem plastic bumper mounting hardware.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:04 PM
Lol I just have no idea. I live in Minneapolis, and I sent the bumper to my buddy's tech school in North Dakota to get professionally painted for the cost of the paint, so I can't fully even remember what I have to do. All I know is I need the factory mounting hardware attached to that bumper, and I have no idea how to do it. I figured glue would be necessary so I didn't put any holes into the bumper

Hope is not a plan. Change is not a destination.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:07 PM
"cheaper" body kits dont come with the holes drilled, for sake of fitment adjustment. just use your stock bumper to get and idea where you need to make the bolt holes.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:34 AM
You'll need to use the stock plastic thingy... and drill 2-3 holes in the wheel well area atleast. Then some high adhesive glue may help strengthen the stock plastic piece too. Definitely screws... Possibly the glue if needed.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search