new philipps night guide bulbs - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new philipps night guide bulbs
Saturday, December 19, 2009 1:13 PM
anyone tried these out yet, they sound and look very interesting and possibly better than my current silverars I have in both my cavs. any thoughts, or reviews are welcome.

Re: new philipps night guide bulbs
Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:03 PM
wow they look cool and the concept is amazing, thanks for letting me know about these. look here:

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140404

that guy has them on his sentra. you can notice the purple right and the yellow left but only because he told you. they look pretty similar. the guy below says yellow for left to not blind traffic and improve visibility, white in the middle to see better in front of you, and purple on the right so the road signs light up better. thats genius for night driving it has everything you need. phillips made a nice banner that shows the lights on a regular car, and then the night ones your talking about and there was a bike that popped outta nowhere afterwards. i didnt see it at all with the regular lights because he blended in. then he popped up and i was like what. im sure its a little overexaggerated, but id give these a whirl to see how they do if you do a lot of night driving. don't look too shabby either.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:13 PM
lol oh yea i do ALOT of night driving i work overnights at the hospital here. if i get some extra money ima try them out on my 05 cav an di fi do i will post pics.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:22 PM
yeah men definately post how you like them and some picks...i dunno though, becuase their probably sub 100 dollar bulbs and why not just get a nice set of HIDs for that price which are brighter and light up signs. im guessing these are similar to HIDs, they just eliminate blinding other drivers, which is genius.

Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:37 PM
The bulbs suck.
I've got some on my daily driver toyota and installing these over my 2500K bulbs, the output was less than the 2500's.
And the yellow/ purple/ blue thing is rather silly too because when you're behind it, looking through the windshield, you can see the yellow beams and blue beams. They don't do squat.

Were it not for the money on these, I'd go with something else but only later down the road if I can stand not being able to see as well at night.

That's my review.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, December 21, 2009 7:21 AM
misnblu have pics to go with your opninion/review? silverstars are for sure brighter than stock but still eh, you know.

Monday, December 21, 2009 8:02 AM
No, no pictures to speak of since I didn't think I'd ever have a review on these sh*tty bulbs. lol
Trust me, having experience with the Silverstars and these, the Silvers are better.
Too bad the 2500K's are illegal because I'd put them back on but then risking a ticket for illegal headlights.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, December 21, 2009 5:27 PM
I also ran these in my 97 sunfire DD, one of the worst bulbs ive tried.

Monday, December 21, 2009 8:58 PM
yeah ive grown on teh fact that if it's too good to be true, it probably is. i still have yet to believe you get what you pay for, except when it comes to HID lights because wow they are nice, I need to save up and get myself a pair eventually.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search