00-02 bumper lip - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00-02 bumper lip
Friday, May 14, 2010 11:57 AM
got an 02 bumper and lip and the outside clips were broken off my lip just wonder any plastic adhesives you guys know of that might work well that i can get locally?

Re: 00-02 bumper lip
Friday, May 14, 2010 12:16 PM
Lord fusor.

Kyle can fill you in with more

Friday, May 14, 2010 1:34 PM
ya i seen that post its looked so sick but i got on there site and couldn't find where to buy it im wanting something i can pick up at wal mart or lowes i checked with the auto stores they didn't have much but epoxy and i already tried that

Friday, May 14, 2010 2:38 PM
I have used the 2 part epoxies before.

Not bad, But this Fusor looks to be the @!#$.

Friday, May 14, 2010 2:50 PM
ya i mean id imagine you'd have to have a bit of skill along with the Fusor i was gonna buy that stuff, closest place is about an hour drive from me know about any prices?

Friday, May 14, 2010 7:00 PM
fusor goes on just like fibreglass or bondo... mix, apply, let dry, and sand... or in your case, mix apply and hold tabs.. you may want to get the ultra fast extreme bumper repair (part number is similar to the one i posted in the other thread)...

they say you need a gun to use fusor... and while thats the best way to mix it, you can mix it on card board yourself, just get the same proportions...

BTW, the front and rear lip you have was only available on the 2002. the 00 and 01 were deprived of it...

Friday, May 14, 2010 7:11 PM
oh well im not 100% sure on my lip its for a rear bumper lol i just had to do a swap to get it to fit thanks tho im gonna try and pick some of the up on my next check

Friday, May 14, 2010 8:30 PM
you broke my lip alrdy? Damn

Friday, May 14, 2010 10:08 PM
Weatherstripping adhesive! Its holding the side pieces of my spoiler on just fine. Works freakin wonders. Also a friends
Is using it to hold his lip on his wrx front bumper along with one screw
On each end.

Friday, May 14, 2010 10:41 PM
Lets just say you get what you pay for. Lord Fusor is the best and if you don't want to use that then good luck with cheap crap.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:12 AM
i never complained about price i haven't even found a price haha and chuckles it isn't broke the clips were all cracked and when they got bent to hold with the clips the just fell off sucked im thinking the lord fusor i might try and go alll out and make it molded to the bumper haven't decided if i wanted to risk wrecking the bumper or not tho i need to buy it anyways to plastic weld on my bumper after i cut away to fit my 02 headlights. also thanks for the advice on the weatherstipping adhesive does it come in tubes like say caulk or what where do ya buy it?

Saturday, May 15, 2010 4:54 AM
Weather stripping is simply strips of adheasive... like a double sided tape but rubber

Saturday, May 15, 2010 6:49 AM
Corey Piper wrote:ya i seen that post its looked so sick but i got on there site and couldn't find where to buy it im wanting something i can pick up at wal mart or lowes i checked with the auto stores they didn't have much but epoxy and i already tried that

This is what gives me the idea that you don't want the good stuff and would settle for something crappy cause its local. Just don't want to see you waste your time and money on junk like many of us have done in our younger years of modding.\

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, May 15, 2010 9:53 AM
i got my lord fusor local at a body shop supply store... however you need a business license to buy from them...

Saturday, May 15, 2010 1:41 PM
oh right on i ment i wanted something local so i could go get it real soon but everyone says teh lord fusor so i guess ill def go for it my dad owns his own shop so he could use his business license to order if need be thanks for the help guys

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search