Lets see your license plate holder - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lets see your license plate holder
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:23 AM
So I've been looking for a cool license plate holder, but not having any luck. There are literally thousands to choose from, but I dont ride a Harley, and even though "Italian Princess" is tempting, probably not the best for my cav. Does anybody know if they make those "I love my J body" stickers in license plate holders? I've been looking on and off for months now, with no luck. I used to have a Social Distortion one that was awesome, but cheap plastic doesnt hold up to 5+ years of being on a car. So lets see what you have, if anything. I know its really minor, and probably kinda dumb, but lets do it anyway!.

Re: Lets see your license plate holder
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:13 PM
Contact JM Graphics I know back when he did some things for my old company he had just started doing license plate frames with what ever you wanted. I'm not sure if he still does them but I'm sure he could.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:09 PM
Lol, totally go with italian princess!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 8:02 PM
buy a black frame and put domo on it!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:54 PM
401graphics.com used to do plate frames. Not sure if they still do, or how their service is nowadays. i haven't heard anything about them in over a year. Here's a link to what they did for a different J-Body site.

http://www.401graphics.com/clubcavplate.htm

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:24 PM
I have one for Nitrous Express.. I usually catch hell for it since it covers up the state name. makes the cops on my area look dumb.. cant make fun of them too much, its a John Lennon specialty plate so it doesnt look like a typical white/green/orange Florida plate. I also have an old RKSport license plate frame.. wanna redo the faded red RK into blue to match the rest of the blue scheme I got going on

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:38 PM
No frame for me!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:41 AM
i have a carbon fiber one....

I feel like taking a tinkle on an ecNOtec...
Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:16 AM
black with a clear bubble lens

Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:21 AM
on my 98 no plate holder had a plain clear/black one but ditched it, on my 05 i have a black one that says "Rather be watching Ghostbusters" and has the gb symbol on it lol but ive never seen a jbody frame, just chevy ones, ud have to have a jbody one made

Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:05 AM
Mike wrote:black with a clear bubble lens

Are those bubble lenses supposed to make your plate hard to read by traffic cameras? Don't know if its a rumor or if it actually works. NYC has them all over the damn place.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 12:04 PM
I don't know if it does. I know I have been flashed by those intersection cameras a few times but never recieved anything in the mail.

I bought it because it was a $2 goodwill Jaguar liscense plate-clock. And that plate frame would have cost me $15+ in a store. It basically encases the plate. It even has gaskets and all that cool @!#$.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:49 PM
I can do these no problem. Get in touch with me if you want to place a order now.

Thanks!

Friday, September 24, 2010 6:05 AM
Compliments of JM Graphics:
Attachments
0923101350_0001.jpg (66k)

Friday, September 24, 2010 11:48 AM
Nice

Friday, September 24, 2010 4:20 PM
badass. i may just have to get one

Friday, September 24, 2010 11:34 PM
blucavvy wrote:badass. i may just have to get one

They're kind of steep at $24, but worth it IMO. A lot better than "Italian Princess" or the chromed barbed wire

Oh yeah, I already had a girl ask me at the bar tonight if I went to her personal trainer, a guy named Jay. I looked at her, looked at my beer belly and lmfao. Made my @!#$ night

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 24, 2010 11:37 PM

Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:02 PM
i use these:

or these:

sometimes these if im in a pinch:

Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:31 PM
Cavaclysmic wrote:Compliments of JM Graphics:

Looking good on there man! Thanks for your business.

If there is interest i may have a group by for these.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:16 PM

The problem with that type of plate holder is that you can't see the stickers for the expiration date and month.
This could get you pulled over so I'd be wary of what you use on your plates.

I don't use a plastic holder but I did use some 3M reflective tape on the very edge of the plate, trimmed it with a razor knife, and this gives the tag a red reflective surround to the plate.
Since it's reflective it's good for the safety aspect of it and it doesn't cover the plate in any way.
No pics but it does work and looks good.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:33 PM
I have a very nice thick Chrome one with CSCustomCars in black lettering on it. I've had it for i think almost 3 years now and theres still no hint of rust on it.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:30 PM
Misnblu wrote:

The problem with that type of plate holder is that you can't see the stickers for the expiration date and month.
This could get you pulled over so I'd be wary of what you use on your plates.

I don't use a plastic holder but I did use some 3M reflective tape on the very edge of the plate, trimmed it with a razor knife, and this gives the tag a red reflective surround to the plate.
Since it's reflective it's good for the safety aspect of it and it doesn't cover the plate in any way.
No pics but it does work and looks good.

Definitely didnt consider that for states that have those stickers on the actual plate. NY has inspection and reg on the windshield so not a problem where I am. Your reflective tape idea sounds interesting... post some pics?

Oh and Spencer, I lol'd because I swear to god my first car was held together with zip ties. Second handiest thing to have around other than duct tape.

Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:18 PM
I'm replacing the shift cable this week so I'll get some pictures up in a couple of days of the way I did the tag.
And tie wraps ftw.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:33 PM

There it is.
At night, it has that reflective look which highlights the tag.
I couldn't get the flash to come on unfortunately to highlight the effect but you get the general idea.
Works and looks good in my opinion.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search