That old RKSport 3 piece spoiler... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
That old RKSport 3 piece spoiler...
Sunday, January 09, 2011 5:53 AM

I've been doing a ton of searching on here for that thing and It's looking pretty bleak on actually being able to find one. Does anyone know of any place or anyone that actually sell's the thing. I know its not made anymore but someones gotta have one somewhere.

It's the one that looks like the keystone 3 piece spoiler

Re: That old RKSport 3 piece spoiler...
Sunday, January 09, 2011 3:15 PM
Good luck. I know people that have been looking for one for years. Its been years since its been discontinued. Only place you'll ever probably find it is used and even then its going to be a long shot.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, January 09, 2011 3:24 PM
this one or is rk different?
nevermind, didnt realize that was off a civic that just happens to fit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 09, 2011 3:26 PM

Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:41 PM
so wait... that thing is actually for a civic? and it fits that good?

interesting

Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:56 PM
Interesting. I always thought his looked a lil different. Good to know there's another option out there for that style.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:10 AM
i gotta say good luck. i looked for over 3 years constantly searching ebay, craigslist and various classified sources... i never found one for sale. i even went so far as to look up members here with it and see if they still had it. only a handful ever bought the thing and the ones that did either sold it long ago or destroyed it. one guy said i could buy it but it had been molded into the trunk/car.

i got a call from paul here ohhh.... prolly a year or so ago saying 'how much do you love me?' i said... 'um, why?. "because i found you something you've been looking for"... he showed up later in the week and had an actual rk sport 3 piece spoiler for me. my jaw dropped. he said he saw it on a car local to him and flagged the guy down and worked out a deal for it.

needless to say i was shocked LOL. so i do have one but it was not easy to find one bit.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:25 AM
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:16 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:So given the link .....?

http://www.bodykits.com/Keystone-Restyling/Spoilers/Keystone-Restyling-Brickyard-Spoiler-with-Light-3PC-_-CAV_3/575443/

Don't think it's legit?

thats the keystone brickyard, which is what everyone has to settle for now. The RK one was taller, and had no 3rd brake light if i remember correctly.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:21 AM
Ohhh. I didn't realize the Keystone one was different..

Can someone post pics of the two for comparison purposes (and future reference for people)? I'm not sure who has which other than Tab's now.

Tab's with a 01-05 Civic Wings West wing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:46 AM

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 10:35 AM
i have pics of cars with the actual rk spoiler on it on my home pc (at work right now). ill post em up later... but if you want to look at one now look up michelle's car, she has one on it.

the differences are quite a bit if you are really looking at the two. the rk sport is much smaller and fits the cavalier body better. its not a gaudy monstrocity that takes up half the trunk lid like the brickyard does. (just my opinion).

the rk is more of a 'lip' type spoiler. whereas the brickyard is a big beast. tabs' civic one is prolly the inbetween as far as size goes.

i do know where just a center section is on a local cavalier but the girl will NOT sell it. ive offered her $500 bucks and she still said no!

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:07 AM
Ok yeah, that makes sense. I can't picture the RK one, so I'll be waiting for your pics.

But for visual comparison purposes, Jeff has the Keystone/Brickyard.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 12:41 PM
RKSport is a little more SHARP, and less bulky on the sides.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:13 PM
well I used to have the brickyard... but I sold it because i just wasn't satisfied with the look (basiclly the bulkiness as stated)

I've been looking and looking and looking for something that fits my style (I'm really picky when it comes to spoliers), and I came across a spoiler that I've never seen before. It looks like its another 3 piece spoiler but the pic is small and its the only one I can find. here it is....

It looks great but I really want to see more pics

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:52 PM
ww?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:01 PM
no thats not a wings west.... but one of my choices would be the wings west mini-me spoiler

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:26 PM
Old Erebuni wing?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:49 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Old Erebuni wing?

I think you may be right... there's a knockoff now made by a company called sarona

I'd still love to find some better pics of it

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:08 PM
ok after some digging around on the interwebs... i found a cardomain site that has some pics of this thing. I dunno, after seeing better pics I'm kinda 50/50 on it

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:12 PM
you would have to shave the antennea on that....period.

I think it would work with the right body kit, maybe a type j....but im not feelin it.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:12 PM
Im not a fan at all. It's not at all flattering.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 11:34 PM
looks better on an integra lol..

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 10:44 AM
Interesting. I'm a fan of the celica gt spoiler.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:40 PM
Anyone know a legit place to buy the keystone/brickyard spoiler?

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:49 PM
there is one for sell on the org right now i think smoosh is selling it

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:10 PM
azncav wrote:there is one for sell on the org right now i think smoosh is selling it

pretty sure it was already sold. check the north east forum...thats where it was posted.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search