Some questions on my custom projector build... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some questions on my custom projector build...
Monday, March 21, 2011 3:45 PM
First I'll let you know what I'm dealing with. I have this kit right here Retro Solutions. And its the smaller kit

They are Sunfire headlights of course and I bought the clear lenses from Sick HIDS

Heres my question since a lot of people on here seem to have the Bi-Xenon setup. Are you guys using the stock headlight harness and dimmer switch? My concern is the switching back and forth between high and low. Obviously with the way Bi-xenon works, the light never shuts off, and with the stock dimmer switch... as soon as you switch to high its going to cut the power to the bulb.

Help? I'm not sure what to do

Re: Some questions on my custom projector build...
Monday, March 21, 2011 4:26 PM
I'm fairly certain that kit comes with an hid controller that uses the stock headlight harness that routes the high beam power to the bi-xenon motor.
Monday, March 21, 2011 4:35 PM
really?

because the instructions and diagrams they give you are garbage and dont explain anything like that at all

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:32 PM
Tay-Ok wrote:I'm fairly certain that kit comes with an hid controller that uses the stock headlight harness that routes the high beam power to the bi-xenon motor.

now that i fully understand what you just said, that doesn't account for the bulbs power. Because when you flip the dimmer to high beams, the dimmer would cut power to the actual bulb and activate the bi-xenon motor, thus giving you no light

waiting for john benham to chime in....

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:56 PM
The way the harness is made, with the relay that is in them, they will keep power to the ballast if it sees any combination of power and ground from your high or low beam (this is why all three wires are connected from your stock headlight harness). They are designed to work with cars with either a (+) switch, or in our case, a (-) switch.

So long as there is a (+) 12v, and a ground going through either high or low beam, power will be supplied to the ballast. when the (+) 12v and ground are on the high beam circuit, it trips the cutoff shield.

Now, one thing that happens to a lot of people, is you have the 9004/9007 kit. these bulbs take the same plug, however they are not wired the same. If you get everything hooked up, and fire your headlights up, and they are stuck on high-beam mode......the plug is wired for 9004. What you need to do is hold the blue headlight plug so that the wires are facing you, and the flat side is facing upward. The brown wire should be in the middle, blue should be on your left, white should be on your right.

Also, i have some more sunfire specific items for you to take care of to help with the aesthetics and longevity of these if you want to pm me sometime.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search