Fix or replace? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fix or replace?
Friday, May 13, 2011 12:31 PM
My front bumper took a rough beating this winter. Im not sure if its worth saving and fixing or better off getting another one. If its fixable, what products do y'all recommend? This would be my first time doing any kind of body work, any advice is appreciated! And yes, my car is very dirty....

stress cracks around the foglight

This long crack..

And last but not least,

Re: Fix or replace?
Friday, May 13, 2011 12:42 PM
replace. IMo but if you find a good deal on one let me know. i need one lol

Friday, May 13, 2011 6:16 PM
doesnt seem hard to fix, i did a few repairs like this at school with a "plastic welding machine" (i didnt pay much attention haha) just bevel the crack and fill it, try and fill a little more then sand it and it should work

Friday, May 13, 2011 7:02 PM
it can be fixed.. is it worth it.. most likely, no

Friday, May 13, 2011 10:12 PM
Yeah but its hard to find the lss bumpers,been looking for one for months, sometimes is cheaper to go aftermarket

Modding my j since I found the org
Saturday, May 14, 2011 3:49 AM
^I don't understand why people say they cant find ls sport bumpers.. im assuming you mean, ls sport bumpers for dirt cheap and well that is just not going to happen. I can find them through GM any day of the week.

Saturday, May 14, 2011 6:04 AM
It can be fixed, that's not terrible. it will be a pain in the rear to fix it though, alot of time spent beveling, plastic welding, and re-shaping with filler. It would be probably when you buy materials for the fixing and such upwards of $150. It would probably be more cost effective to buy a new bumper, as Stephen stated earlier. Then your only eating cost of paint materials.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Saturday, May 14, 2011 7:24 AM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:^I don't understand why people say they cant find ls sport bumpers.. im assuming you mean, ls sport bumpers for dirt cheap and well that is just not going to happen. I can find them through GM any day of the week.

^^This^^

Just get a new one from GMPartsDirect for $239 plus shipping, get it painted and slap it on.

Done, and done right IMO.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search