Retrofits for 95-02 Sunfire - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Retrofits for 95-02 Sunfire
Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:27 PM
I am going to be working on a set of retrofits for the Cavi. I have never done this before, but I need to do something for my Car and I'm 4k miles away from it. Perfect off-car project to work on...

The only thing I am concerned about is fitting a projector in there. Which to choose?? I don't have easy access to projectors that I could play around with.. so I am unsure of what projector actually fits into this particular housing and would be relatively easy to work with. I don't think I want to do anything special inside the headlight (such as angel eyes, etc)... I just want a nice simple relatively small projector... that would be fairly easy to hook up. I do not have any experience with this so I am looking for some direction from someone with experience. I live in Germany right now, so getting parts is not quite as simple, so I don't want to be ordering projectors and this & that to see what works. It's not cheap getting stuff shipped out here, so I want to know what im ordering is going to work.

Thanks to anyone who can provide me with some insight!

Re: Retrofits for 95-02 Sunfire
Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:33 PM
lafonjef Online
I believe that many people use these for their retros.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:54 PM
lafonjef wrote:I believe that many people use these for their retros.

Thank you. That's a start. I have a friend that builds retrofits for Cobalts and sells HID kits as a business, I can probably get everything through him, but I guess the biggest concern is making sure I have a projector that fits in the fire housing.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:47 PM
Not 100% positive Jess, but I think Inifiniti FX35/FX-R projectors would fit. They're a popular choice due to being fairly compact in size, not to mention they have an outstanding cut off line to them..very sharp light output.

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:57 PM
i would suggest you contact john as he is the master in this area
Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:02 PM
Yeah, I already contacted him about making the clear lenses for me... I just figured I'd ask about the projectors here while I await his response,

These are what my friend recommended, that does this as a business... said they are better quality.... now to find out if they fit in there.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:28 PM

Friday, August 26, 2011 6:03 AM
Not sure if this will help you at all and you may have already seen it but I found this while looking into the topic. Hopefully it helps, I thought the plexi shroud was a good idea. In a frame, heat a piece 1/16" plexi at 300 degrees for around 3 minutes, remove and place over headlight assembly on vacuum table. Video covers the whole process, shroud is in video 3 I think.

projector build link

Not my video but I think it answers a lot of questions
Friday, August 26, 2011 8:22 AM
That's pretty neat. Thanks.

Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:45 AM
They will fit for sure..the morimotos are very short..4.5" iirc.

Way way better light output, cut off and in every other way.
Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:01 AM
Philly D wrote:They will fit for sure..the morimotos are very short..4.5" iirc.

Way way better light output, cut off and in every other way.

Thank you... and that's exactly what my friend said. Night/day difference in quality.

Monday, August 29, 2011 5:48 PM
I just ordered from theretrofitsource.com I grabbed a pair of Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 4.1 for mine off their ebay store for $139 with shipping, I never put them in yet but prefit them, their easy as hell to install, they give you instructions on what to do and once you read them and understand them their a piece of cake only thing thats takin me so long to get them together is I'm tryn to add my own personal touch to these something you don't see everyday so I'm takin my time searchin different idea's,

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:12 AM
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=237

This kit is the way to go. Everything you need. Quality parts. You will not regret it.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:37 AM
Ok, a few questions:

1. Do our headlights disassemble (the lens coming off part) like in the you-tube vid?
2. If you don't have access to acrylic/plexi or a vac table, can you/do you have to paint the reflector?
3. The Morimoto's seem to be more of a bolt on setup. Will there be siliconing and/or customization involved?
4. Is the Morimoto kit that Mrs. Jazer linked both High and Low, or both in one assembly?

I think thats about it. Need to find some angel eyes in blue as well........
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:40 AM
I also forgot to mention that I have an 05 Sunfire and ask if I have more or less room than the previous style of headlight?

Thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search