Roof Racks after market, anyone added one? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Roof Racks after market, anyone added one?
Thursday, November 03, 2011 8:34 PM
Ok just wondering, any of you added a roof rack to your sunfire/cavalier? I got a 2001 and I want to do this, any good brands? Easy to do on your own? Im a mechanic just never done something like this.

Primarily for strapping suit cases and such, maybe skis as well.

Pics would be nice if you have them thanks guys.

Re: Roof Racks after market, anyone added one?
Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:46 AM
the two bigger names in roof racks are thule and yakima, both rather expensive to the cheaper brands but much worth the money, fit better and no damage to your roof.
no modification to anything is require, put it on take it off as you please, although i don't think i'd want to do it everyday, i put mine on for the cottage season for my wake-board and i have the snowboard style hold downs for the board. which would be good for your ski's, you may want a basket style add on for you luggage. Mine is a thule, i think i got 250$ in it used. If you go on thules web site it will walk you threw building one and tell you what fit kit, feet, and bar numbers your need, and what ever you want to bolt to the bars if anything, than you can take those numbers to your local dealer, ebay, what ever floats your boat.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search