Altezza/euro tail lights on ebay... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Altezza/euro tail lights on ebay...
Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:40 PM
hi,
I haven't had my cavalier long its an 04. I was searching on ebay last week and they had the chrome euro tail light 3 piece kit and black ones like this:

Now I search and there are maybe one set of the black ones on ebay but they are like 180-190$ when I just saw them for 140$ BIN.I messaged a couple of the sellers and they said they are not in stock. Anyone know where to get them for a decent price. One of my tail lights is cracked so I figured I might as well upgrade, Would much rather spend only about 140$. Just found these for 175$:
http://www.motiontuning.com/03-05-Chevrolet-Cavalier-3pc-Tail-Lights--Black_p_448.html
Maybe some of you have or had these.
Thanks,
Lee

Re: Altezza/euro tail lights on ebay...
Friday, March 30, 2012 12:57 AM
Upgrade??

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:35 AM
ya. I think the black ones are sharp. I definitely don't dig the stock look especially the centerpiece on mine has the gold bow not the silver one. The silver one is straight but the gold bow around the trunk lock is ugly.
Friday, March 30, 2012 10:08 AM
most of the guys on here either bought the carbon fiber overlay and went with the older Cavalier euro taillights or swapped trunks for the same reason, most of us think those taillights black, chrome or smoked are ugly as hell, as for the led ones? the quality is cheap as shyt just incase ur thinkin bout them too, just my opinion but I don't think you'll find them any cheaper than what ebay has, I'd just swap trunks and go with the 95-02 euro black taillights, their like $45-$55+ shipping

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Friday, March 30, 2012 2:56 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Upgrade??

The altezzas look cheap in my opinion..
If you dislike your light bar so much, tint it, paint it black.. take the bowtie off - or swap with an 03 model

As Cav Thompson said.. there's lots of options other than those.. but of course, if thats what you want... by all means.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:10 AM
Ya, I have done some forum searching and definitely like the painted look I saw on one car that was white and blue forget who it was. I have a red 2 door so not sure what I could paint it that would look good. From the pictures I like the look of the black euro's although I did read something about dirt getting in them. So it's the 03's that have the silver bow? I don't know why they went with the gold. I noticed cobalts have the gold bow too. It seems dumb to me when you got silver rims to have a gold bow. Just seems out of place... I would rather have a blue bow then a gold one...lol.
Thanks for the info/input. Will consider it. Need to go to the junkyard might just pick up a replacement and keep em stock anyways, never know...
Thanks again,
Lee
Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:14 AM
thompson, I just noticed there was two posts. Thank's for the info. Maybe I could just get the older tail lights and just change the tail lights then figure out what to do with the trunk... Maybe just paint the center piece... would matching red be any good? and just have the circle reverse lights left... just a thought. I'll check all that stuff out and see what I think. Just figured if I have to replace a tail light might as well take the little bit of extra time and make it look "cool/custom".
Thanks again,
Lee
Saturday, March 31, 2012 5:03 AM
I just painted mine silver to match my 2 door and the gold bowtie i took off wrapped it in 3m carbon fiber vinyl and put it back on but I have a carbon fiber trunk with the older style taillights in it, still don't kno if i'm gonna use it it needs some work but I will eventually get rid of my light bar, for the older style black euro's and make my own led's tails outta those, if ur cars red u could paint it black and leave the circles red.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:42 AM
I was thinking possibly black too... So the actual tail light part are interchangeable with the older years right? it's the trunk lid part that is different?
Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:11 AM
The 03+ trunk lids have holes in them behind the center section. I picked up a 95-02 trunk off the ground in the junkyard and a set of 00-02 stock tails, had some paint tossed on it, and tossed it on the car.

Or you could just pick up a 95-02 carbon fiber trunk and then you have your choice of any 95-02 taillights(including toyo tails).

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search