Headlight Problem /Sunfire->Cav front end. - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight Problem /Sunfire->Cav front end.
Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:10 PM
Hello All,

I have recently did a swap on my 98 sunfire to a 95-99 Cav front end, the last thing to do is the headlights, but I have hit a dilemma.

My sunfire has 1 bulb for the headlights, while the cav headlight cases have two holes, am I going to have to cut out the headlights of another cavalier and wire them into the car, or is there some more common method for this problem?

Re: Headlight Problem /Sunfire->Cav front end.
Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:12 PM
should have went with the 00-02 cavalier headlights. IRK those sunfires also use 9007 bulbs correct?

Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:49 PM
Not sure what bulbs are used, but your saying the 00-02 cav headlights would fit with the 95-99 front end and the bulbs would match up?

If so does anyone know where to order 00-02 headlights?
Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:51 PM
The 00-02 lamps will fit just need the edge under the lights trimmed off the bumper as they are larger. 95-99 fire and 00-05cavs use 9007 bulbs which are high/low combos where as the 95-99 cavs and 03-04 fires used seperate bulbs the cav being 9006 and nkt sure the other size off hand. the best bet if you wanna use the 95-99 lights is to grab a 95-99 cav light harness this way all your parking lights l. side markers. high beams. low beams etc are all not only correct sockets for the lights but also wired correct. and they simply plug in under the batteray tray. BeST way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search