'03/'05 aftermarket projectors, yes or no - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'03/'05 aftermarket projectors, yes or no
Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:04 PM
I grew to liking the style of these aftermarket lights, however I have never been one to use aftermarket lights. They appear flat black. I would probably end up opening them and spraying gloss black and clear coat, and probably smoking the reflector some. for the price, are they acceptable, or am I best off buying components for a retrofit if I want HIDs? This is a budget car, but the OEM heads are clouded horrible and even wet sanding won't bring them to life.

Here's the link.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Re: '03/'05 aftermarket projectors, yes or no
Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:49 PM
I like them. I wonder if they come in diff styles like taillights?
I would want some in carbon fiber. But maybe too expensive,as they are already pricey.
Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:04 PM
I like them also, but no bi-xenon (no more highbeams) and the price is outrageous.

for $100 cheaper you can do a nice retro setup and have much better optics.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:03 PM
Oh I just noticed they aren't hi-beam. Well shoot. Need hi-beam for inspection, but I never use hi-beams as it is. I try to never out-drive my headlamp distance at night.

Does anyone on here perform retrofits? I don't really have any desire to do it myself. Found an older post on here where user John Benham did them. Might have to see if he is still active.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:41 PM
You could always swap out the halogen bulb for a bi-xenon HID kit.. but then you're even more expensive. At least there's finally an option for projectors 03-05.. for years, it was always the 95-99 only.

I dunno though... to me, the 03-05 headlight style just doesn't suit a single projector... not that the Israel lights look any better...
Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:43 AM
DarrenWS6 wrote:Oh I just noticed they aren't hi-beam. Well shoot. Need hi-beam for inspection, but I never use hi-beams as it is. I try to never out-drive my headlamp distance at night.

Does anyone on here perform retrofits? I don't really have any desire to do it myself. Found an older post on here where user John Benham did them. Might have to see if he is still active.

What about keeping your stock lights for inspection? Go through it. Pass. Swap out for those?

I dont have inspections but am giving up my high beams for just HID lows. Doesn't bother me as the HID lows are insanely bright as it is.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:00 AM
John Lenko wrote:You could always swap out the halogen bulb for a bi-xenon HID kit.. but then you're even more expensive. At least there's finally an option for projectors 03-05.. for years, it was always the 95-99 only.

I dunno though... to me, the 03-05 headlight style just doesn't suit a single projector... not that the Israel lights look any better...

Considered it, but I don't want to risk blinding the oncoming traffic in rain. I want the good 6000k look, but I don't want to blind anyone to get it.

BuiltNBoosted wrote:
DarrenWS6 wrote:Oh I just noticed they aren't hi-beam. Well shoot. Need hi-beam for inspection, but I never use hi-beams as it is. I try to never out-drive my headlamp distance at night.

What about keeping your stock lights for inspection? Go through it. Pass. Swap out for those?

I dont have inspections but am giving up my high beams for just HID lows. Doesn't bother me as the HID lows are insanely bright as it is.

That isn't a half bad idea. I actually do that with my truck which was heavily smoked LED tails. Stockers look hideous on it for one whole day lol! Well my next thought is if these near $400 aftermarkets will put out light that exceeds stock If a retrofit would cost me almost as much ( or a hair more ) I would probably rather go that route. But I don't want to put a lot of money into this car.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:00 AM
I haven't really like those projector head lights. To me, it looks like they put a beer can inside. But to each their own. I prefer to do a retrofit and I'm doing a front end swap anyhow.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:38 PM
Which ones are you looking at? The ones I have have a feature that slows high beams. Its like a little metal thing that lowers when I hit my high beams so it gives more light. But I say do a retro fit cuz the halos one these suck. You can not see them in the daylight at all.

Friday, May 24, 2013 7:46 PM
Yeah eBay projectors suck. I had them on my 96" Z with HID's and the output wasn't good at all.

Friday, May 24, 2013 11:58 PM
eBay, $170 shipped, plug n play, bulbs included, removed all my HID stuff. Lights are bright enough, don't need to be 10,000,000,000 lumens.... they even came with a set of LED fog lights ill prob give away or sell

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:44 PM
Those for 170 look real clean
Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:04 PM
yeah im pretty sure the seller had the wrong price listed....after I won and they shipped them the next morning, I was looking at them and they raised the price to at least another $100 lol.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 6:41 PM
Ive been dying for a pair of light like that lol

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Friday, June 07, 2013 9:01 AM
blu04DD wrote:yeah im pretty sure the seller had the wrong price listed....after I won and they shipped them the next morning, I was looking at them and they raised the price to at least another $100 lol.

mind sharing the link or buyer you got it from?
Sunday, June 09, 2013 3:19 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140928355037?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

CTRUSA was the seller. had a 99% seller rating at 45,500 items sold/bought on eBay

looks like there might be another pair for sale at my price plus free shipping...1 item left it says.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 09, 2013 3:20 PM

Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:17 AM
Where did u get those projectors? They look pretty @!#$ awesome
Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:04 AM
blu04DD,
I got the same lights only w/o the leds for $170. Just got around to installing them. When I hit the high beam the door in the light opens to give me high beams but then a service light in dash comes on. Does yours? Shut car off service light goes off. Start car and turn on low beams no problems, but hit the highs and service light comes back on??? Anyone with any ideas?
Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:08 PM
I ordered the "chrome" set of these about 6 months ago and they shipped me the black ones instead. Decided to keep and install them. So glad they messed up....Either way the output is way better than stock . So I do recommend these, if you don't want to retrofit.

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 2:05 PM
I am usually not a fan of this kind of stuff but these I like. I wonder if they make anything like these for the 03-05 sunfires? love your car by the way
Monday, August 26, 2013 7:52 AM
I'm considering these projectors now... instead of retro-fitting them.. does anyone have a set with HID's installed in them? Is the output any good? Or get these and put a better projector into them with an HID?

I would want an HID with a high beam function.. if that's possible. I'll admit... for all that I do know about J's, headlights aren't one of them.

Monday, August 26, 2013 6:44 PM
John, I have a set in my 05. The h7 halogen bulbs light up nicely, Hi lights and lows, I have a full HID set up but never installed it not sure if I will. These lights are a definate improvement over my stockers light output. Problem I had was the adjusters hit the core support. So I took a sawzaw and made two slices 1/4" apart under the top of the core support rail then smashed it in with a screw driver and a hammer. Plenty of room for full adjustments now. Also drilled a small hole through the clip on the bottom of the headlight and inserted a small screw through the clip and into the plastic to hold the clip to the headlight housing. Other than that they are plug & play. As Jesse stated the ccfl halos are hard to see at mid day, early morning and early evening the halos look ok. My lights are the chrome version so If you get the black version I'm sure the halos would look alot brighter mid day.
Friday, August 30, 2013 7:56 AM
I know a retro isn't everybody's forte, but I found this searching around and installed a set myself, I couldn't be happier with the result. Very little wiring involved, mostly plug and play. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?29450-My-05-Cavalier-retrofit
Friday, August 30, 2013 10:22 AM
Those look good! Decent price too, I'll probably buy a set since my current 2003's headlamps are un-savable also. Too bad I can't buy right now with that Labor Day sale going on.

Monday, September 02, 2013 11:04 AM
I was interested in getting those projector lights but Ifound that they were way overpriced ,so Ill wait for the price to come down to a decent level maybe $250 or so.CarID sells them for $415 WHICH IS WAY TOO MUCH !

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search