00 SE Sunfire bumper lights - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00 SE Sunfire bumper lights
Monday, August 04, 2014 7:41 PM
Exactly like the title states, I'm looking for clear options or ideas for the amber turn signals in the bottom and side of my 00 SE sunfire bumper. I'm looking for clear lens, not black or red, just clear lenses. Do the clear turn signal lights from the 03+ fit in there, how about GT lights. Thanks in advance.

Re: 00 SE Sunfire bumper lights
Sunday, August 10, 2014 4:31 PM
All 1995-1999 Sunfire GTs have clear front marker lights which are a direct replacement for the amber front marker lights on your 2000 Sunfire SE. The part number for the clear front marker lights is: #5978215. The lights are interchangeable meaning the part number is the same for both sides. GMPartsCenter.net has them for $36.72 a piece. They offer free shipping, but do charge an $8.95 handling fee, so you're looking at $82.39 for a brand new pair.

For the front side marker lights, you can get a set of clear ones on eBay for just under $30.00 shipped. They are a direct replacement for the amber front side marker lights on your 2000 Sunfire SE.

I recommend getting some chrome amber bulbs from Stealth Auto for a clean, subtle look in the clear lights. They're chrome when off and amber when lit / flashing. A little pricey, but they have a lifetime warranty and if they ever burn out, they'll replace them for free. I have them in the front and rear marker lights on my Vibe and absolutely love them. FYI, the bulbs in the front marker lights are #3157 and the bulbs in the front side marker lights are #194.

Here's a picture of my former 2002 Sunfire SE Sedan with both sets of clear lights installed...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search