Corner Lenses SUCK - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Corner Lenses SUCK
Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:14 AM
Whats up guys,

Did a long search for this but didn't find anything that really focused on the topic. Idk about the rest of you but I have terrible luck with the plastic clip on the corner lenses that snaps onto the headlight housing, specifically during removal. I've done everything I possibly can to be as gentle as possible when bending the clip back with a long screwdriver but I always manage to snap the stupid clip off. I don't understand why they would mold something out of plastic and expect it to flex enough that it wouldn't be an issue...? Does anyone know of a good hinge-style mod with a spring for this? I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had done this before to collect ideas before I do it myself. I need to get to my malfunctioning HIDs in my fogs and I hate going up from under the bumper. So the headlights have to come out and then I run into this issue again. If no one has done this or has any input i'll go ahead and document my modification. Thanks

-Brad

Re: Corner Lenses SUCK
Monday, February 29, 2016 11:23 AM
Found the solution. The plastic is thin enough that if you use a heat gun (be careful not to overheat) you can heat right behind the edge of the headlight directly at that stubborn tab and it will soften. The corner lens basically falls out after this. I even heated it up some more again once out and in my hand to bend the tab to the perfect angle before reinstalling. I don't know why I didn't think about this before.
Cheers.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search