roof dent - remove panel? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
roof dent - remove panel?
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:20 AM

Someone decided to dent the roof of my car with a rock. Left a single bad dime-sized dent right in the middle so now the car looks like crap from 360 degrees. It is the only exterior imperfection.

So two questions: what is the best way to get such a dent out - especially by yourself with minimal cash. Do those $10 suction cup things from the parts stores work at all?

Second - if I have to remove the roof panel to try and work it out from the bottom - what are the steps?

It's a 2001 Cavalier.

Thankx

Re: roof dent - remove panel?
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:53 PM
Small dents are hard to fix. Best bet from my experience is use something hard against the dent and hit that object rather then directly on the panel. With patience u can get most of the dent out by moving around the dented area inwards to outwards. Basically trying to stretch and reform the panel. 2nd question, remove front pillars, lower pillar things under the dash, rocker cover panels, lower back seat, rear inner quarter panels then the roof lining. Sounds like alot but if ur carefull it wont take long. Ull also have to remove the coat hangers and any wires for dome light or sunroof. A buddy of mine tried those dent puller things and didnt have no success. Might work on a bigger dent but no dice for the small ones. Another method that works too is to drill a small hole and screw a screw in and pull it out that way but then ud have a hole to fix

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search