hit dog now driver turn signal and high beam does not work - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hit dog now driver turn signal and high beam does not work
Tuesday, November 08, 2016 8:32 AM
so the other night I was heading to the store.. a dog ran out in front of me, a completely black dog, didnt see it till the last second.. im pretty sure it was just clipped, around my headlight area of the car.. found the owner, the dog didnt die thank god.. but I think its leg was broke but anyway.. i noticed once I got back in the car and started it.. that there was 5 or 6 clicks, almost sound like the turn signal sound but faster that happens everytime I start the car now

last night i turned on my high beams and noticed it wasnt that bright, got home got out to look and the high beam on my driver side does not come on.. the day light running lights on both sides work.. the normal lights on both sides work.. its just the high beam on the driver side.. and then i checked the turn signals.. the front driver side turn signal stopped working as well

all of this happend when I hit the dog.. i was going about 35 - 40 mph was wondering what do you guys think it is? I find it highly unlikely that both the turn signal bulb and high beam bulb went out at the same time
and is there a high beam bulb? i think its the same light just brighter on high beams correct? so why would my normal headlights work.. just not on high beam?

its a 1999 cavalier
thank you for any help you can give me

Re: hit dog now driver turn signal and high beam does not work
Tuesday, November 08, 2016 7:33 PM
Check your bulbs. I don't have a Cav, but it will either be a separate bulb for the high beam or a dual filament bulb.
Tuesday, November 08, 2016 11:00 PM
Dual filament bulb has both high and low. Its possible for just one to burn out. I had replaced a turn signal bulb on my 99 cav, got it back together and sure enough the other went mins later. Wierd how things work sometimes..

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, November 09, 2016 12:09 PM
is it possible that it burned out from hitting the dog? cause thats when it happend.. im pretty sure 90% that the turn signal went out at the same exact time as well
Wednesday, November 09, 2016 10:58 PM
Yea if the bulb gets shaken or jolted it may have caused the one wite to detatch. If u look at the bulb u would see a dangling wire indicating it. They are small so might miss it the first time.

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search