Help with 03+ front bumper cover replacement - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with 03+ front bumper cover replacement
Monday, December 18, 2017 6:19 PM
After 14 years of parking on city streets my front bumper cover is showing it's age and abuse. The left side is plagued with through-cracks, stress cracks, and sags ever so slightly. I bought a salvaged bumper cover that's in significantly better condition and is even the same model year and paint color to replace the current one.

Can anyone give me a quick and dirty crash-course for replacing the bumper on my 04 cavalier? I have a general idea of where the bolts are thanks to the salvaged bumper, but I'm just looking for any guidance on things I'll probably miss. I tried looking at videos online, but I could only find one for an older cavalier and it was hardly comprehensive. All I gathered from it was that the first section of bolts that I have to remove are on the interior wheel wells.

Thank you for any advice or guidance, and have a happy holiday season.

Re: Help with 03+ front bumper cover replacement
Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:32 PM
Both front wheels and front fender liners have to come out. there are 2 bolts that you can only get to on each side with a very long extension sticking straight up front underneath that hole the corners to the fender. They are only notches in the bumper so the bolts don't have to come all of the way out. Just loosen and pop it off. When re-installing be careful not to over-tighten those; just snug.

Pull the plastic cover over the headlights and the headlights themselves. If you have fogs they can be removed from underneath the headlight assembly once it's removed. Pretty sure there's only 2 bolts in the front that go straight down into the bumper support bar.

I think that's it from what I remember..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search