strange squeak - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strange squeak
Saturday, January 12, 2019 10:57 PM
Recently ive noticed this strange squeak. After the car has sat for a bit (few hrs or so) when i back out of my parking space i hear this sometimes loud squak. It does not do this if i dont back out of a spot. The squeak only lasts for a few seconds. New brake rotors/shoes, calilers/pads all around. Does it in/out of gear with clutch in or out. No noticeable issues with the clutch or any other parts. Just an intermittent squeak..ideas?

ReD RaiN

Re: strange squeak
Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:21 PM
I havnt had the chance to look yet but im thinking my ebrake cable popped out of place as my ebrake stopped working before the cold set in. My fiance was waiting in the car while i was in the store and heared a pop, then the car started to roll backwards! All parts seem to be moving properly and the ebrake trigger light works. I had just done a brake job before hand and first time doing it with these style drums and was thinking the ebrake cable didnt look right but left it anyways. Worked for a while then yea.. Ill update if i solve the issue

ReD RaiN
Re: strange squeak
Monday, April 29, 2019 5:49 PM
Rear brakes on both of my cavis clunked when going into reverse. Its normal. A squeak in a cavi? no way.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search