GMSC Bash Registration now online. $25!!! - Page 3 - J-Body Meets Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GMSC Bash Registration now online. $25!!!
Monday, July 10, 2006 8:39 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:I'm still going, 9+ hours I'm going damn it!! Anyone with me? Seriously? We need something, Hell Michigan could have a bash of it's own, we have enought J's here to do so.

I've been to Hell, Michigan, and I think it would be a nice place for a meet.

Monday, July 10, 2006 9:48 PM
I think/hope I speak for eveyone when I say pick a coast middle of the country just doesnt work someones got to get screwed, east or west. the biggest populatoins are on the coasts. I am willing to put money on the line that if you had this meet somewhere in new your, philly , LA, florida.

im telling you coastal is the way to go.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:05 AM
Philco 3, GMSCB Staff wrote:Everyone should just shut their mouths about not having enough notice about this event. Tim made the announcement for this years Bash on Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:53 PM. Which gave you 4 months to ask off work and get what else figured out. You guys literally stopped talking about the event after about a month. On Monday, June 19, 2006 9:56 PM we literally got Pre-Reg on line minutes after I post it. Also to figure in to the picture that the 4 pre-regs wasn't just from the JBO. So from what I read only 1 person from actually pre-registered and didn't post "Oh I'm going to coming...". (insert a sarcastic clap here) Way to support guys something you love guys. Don't say "I'm gonna come" or "I've got 5 people coming with me" you guys should have done the pre-reg earlier, it was up for almost a month. All Tim needed was at least 100 pre-reg and the event would have stayed afloat.

Tim tried to have a great event last year, and what happened? A lack of support from the J-Body community is the biggest thing I could think of, especially since that this event has been special catered to you guys for past 7 years. I know I heard a lot of "Oh, but its not the same event." comments, but all I have to say is Bull@!#$. You guys still had all your classes and then some, we made DAMN sure about that, cause we didn't want to lose you guys. For the majority a bunch of the J-Body owners turned their backs on the event, cause it included other cars.

Yes location wasn't the best, unlike last years past, but Tim has a family and an awesome job now to worry about. He just cant take off a week and come out to Ohio like he use to and get stuff set up like he used to. That is why it was closer to St. Louis the last couple of years. The first Bash was held in Bowling Green Kentucky, which I will assume to say there was no track involved, cause something like 30 cars got involved. So why were so many people bitching about a 1/8 mile track? Isn't it better than nothing? I know for me it was going to be.

In short people, don't bitch about something you love, cause someday it will be gone, like today. My first Bash was the '03 Bash here in St. Louis. Seeing all the cars at the track, all the fun in the hotel, and helping Kevin drink the second keg that got tapped, I was hooked from there on. After that event I've helped Tim out with the 2004 Bash. Driving 13 hours to the upper part of Ohio to the Lords Town Assembly Plant and helping out at the Thompsons Track. Sleeping for a total 12 hours in 4 days. Red Bull was my friend that weekend. Speaking of friends I will miss seeing Lenko, Kevin from Winnipeg, Carrie from Northern IL, and the very nice and polite couple from the Carolina's that literally got done painting their cars that week so they could make the events in Ohio and Indy. And it also makes me said to say I most likely will not see them again, cause this was the only time I got to see them. Not to metion all the friends that I probally would have made this year. I will also miss seeing the Event Staff: EROD, Brett, Dave, Jason, Jackass, Skinny J, and Paul. Now all I have to remember the good times we had is this photo.

couldnt have said it any better phil.

Arnjolt wrote:
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:
Jackass wrote:
Arnjolt wrote:My main problem was location, and that definitely showed through. I'm in south eastern Michigan and it's a 10 hour drive to where it was going to be held. Next year, if there is a next year, have it farther east.
10 hours and your complaining? Really? Seriously?
No crap.. We need a Lenko Rant... Hes been everywhere!

Sorry, I don't like most of you people enough to drive more than maybe 6 hours one way.

shucks /end sarcasm

the feeling may be mutal did you ever think that?

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/miscellaneous/60612/

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:38 AM
This really doesn't surprise me one bit, the org is filled with alot of people who like to talk and never back it up, my car is this and my car is that, or they are quick to bash others, but then when it comes time to prove something people make excuses because all they can do is sit behind a computer and talk crap to people. As for this event, it has never been and never will be an event like HIN or DUB. Why because those shows bring in the best of the best and not many domestics are involved with those shows, so what does that tell you about domestics? Don't get me wrong, there are a hand full that do participate in large events like those, people like Gary Voyles, Bob Mull, Shawn Philips, Jillian Morgan, Pete Franco, Fetters, Big Poppa, Brent Davidson, Ashley Beker, Sndgood, Cavattack, Hated One, and some others. But overall there really isn't anyone out there representing domestics. So having a show that is for GM domestics only is pointless because no one wants to compete and prove something about Domestics. Tim I don't blame you for cancelling the event, and if I was you I wouldn't do it again. There just isn't enough interest anymore. As for the ones that wanted to go, thank the others on this site that are always running their mouths and then never showing up to events like this to compete, they are the ones that ruin the event and this site. ( NOT ALL MEMBERS ARE LIKE THIS, SO THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT ALL MEMBERS)

Sorry to all the members that were supporting the event and that wanted to go and now can't. It truly is a disappointment
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:26 AM
The Bash was never meant to be HIN... I'm not sure anyone has ever thought that. Honestly, I'm not sure what your point was at all. The Bash has always been a gathering of people with a common interest. People didn't go there to compete and win trophies like at HIN. They went to hang out and have a good time, see some cool cars and maybe pick up a couple tips. The show and racing are really secondary to the whole experience.

I really don't understand the comparison at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:27 AM

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:27 AM
It sucks that there wont be a bash this year hopefully Tim can set something up for next year

Dave
A new breed of J will be unleashed in 06
Creating the E-RACER one mod at a time
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:31 AM
i problaby would have fun at the bash if only 50 people showed up. and if tim needed 100 people to break even i'd pay double.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:36 AM
Well this sucks I was looking foward to going to the bash this year but oh well

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:46 AM
It's unfortunate.... I would have liked to be able to go, but with my new job and short notice it simply wasn't feasible.

However, I do recall that Tim wasn't planning on doing an event this year, and then some people pressured him into setting something up.... and then they didn't pre-register? That's pretty low dudes.

I hope there's an event next year... otherwise I'll have to be content with the JCO bash. Hopefully there's some big event in July (preferrably) that I can cross-country trip to. It's a 5-day drive for me (3,500 miles each way), so no whining about the distance kids

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:14 AM
as much fun as im sure it would be i couldnt justify driving 18 hours each way for a car show that was only a couple days. Im sure Lenko will say not to whine about it, but whatever. I just cant justify it to myself. If it were in say Virginia or North Carolina it would be better, as there are more spots to do things after or before the bash that would make it more of a vacation as opposed to just a weekend. just my .02. I do totally understand the reason to cancel. I just sont get why all these people that say they were gonna go 100% didnt pre-reg. And dont give excuses. If you guys wanted to go so bad and were planning on it. you should have pre-registered the moment you had the time off or whatever. Richter did. Why didnt you?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:27 AM
sndsgood wrote:i problaby would have fun at the bash if only 50 people showed up. and if tim needed 100 people to break even i'd pay double.

funny thing is tim even asked people if they were willing ot do this. most said yes, but tim still kept the costs low.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:23 PM
I don't think the Bash is meant to be HIN, that aside, I still paid 50 bucks to go to HIN, 25 - Parking, 25 - Entrance, It was cool, I walked around for maybe 4 hours. I dont see why people complain about paying 50 bucks to go to a 2 day event like the Bash where you can actually show your car.
I think if GMSCB doesn't push forward next year someone else will. With the growing Cobalt market and lack of a Bash this year, next year many people will be looking for some sort of major event. Even if its just a giant feild with some damn hot dog stands Im sure people would come, something like that you have a lot less overhead. Do it at an amusment park campground or something so its insured.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:24 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:I'm still going, 9+ hours I'm going damn it!! Anyone with me? Seriously? We need something, Hell Michigan could have a bash of it's own, we have enought J's here to do so.

Hey James, I met you last year at the Sound Comp!

Get something serious and i can relay the the info back to the Fiero forums and I am sure people can get the word out to other car forums as well. I was looking forward to this and changed my college class to tues-thurs so i could leave and be there friday lol too bad..

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:47 PM

James I was still thinking of heading out that way. You want to set up are own Bash?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:51 PM
sndsgood wrote:i problaby would have fun at the bash if only 50 people showed up. and if tim needed 100 people to break even i'd pay double.

I am cool with just meeting up at 2 hotels next to each other with decent size parking lots. make it better with Resurants and the such within walking distance.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:41 PM
Listening....

ECOTEC now with Maximum Bolt-Ons!!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 5:41 PM
Lets do it in Indy, just find some crappy ghetto hotel thats like 35 dollars a night with a pool and take over the whole damn place for a weekend.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:09 PM
BlackEco wrote:Lets do it in Indy, just find some crappy ghetto hotel thats like 35 dollars a night with a pool and take over the whole damn place for a weekend.

i had almost a dozen people staying at my house for last years bash......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:18 PM
yeah, seriously, I agree with Lenko, tho a bash without Lenko just isn't the same! There really wasn't a planned bash for this year, so much bitching made him set something up. I agree with his decision to cancel it, the lack of enthusiasm by our community is sickening. We tried to set something up here in CT for a dyno day and lots of people said they would come, in the end I think we had like 8 or 9 cars. Sadly, its people like Harry Potter who dynoes his whole 92hp on his auto 2.2 that keep this place alive and well, cause when they say they are going, damnit, they go! If after a month of pre-reg is open and only 4 people hit it up, then whats the point. I personally wanna go, but don't think I would have the cav up and runnin by then, not only that, but I can't take a vaca until I have been workin my job for 6 months.

1 suggestion tho, MAKE A BIIIIIGGGGGG deal out of it next time. Change the main page banner or something so everyone knows exactly whats goin on. I only heard of it cause someone else told me cause last time I knew there wasn't gonna be one. And the whole back to school time thing doesn't help either.....
Maybe next time?

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:51 PM
For the people wanting to do something anyways. There si the Tale of the Dragon (a road in N.C). Some people in the south region were talking about going there. It would be different from the Bash, but something to do on the East Coast.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:03 AM
John Higgins wrote:For the people wanting to do something anyways. There si the Tale of the Dragon (a road in N.C). Some people in the south region were talking about going there. It would be different from the Bash, but something to do on the East Coast.

There was/ is a group of friends that are talking about doing that this year. But it isn't GM small Car related.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:38 PM
Who actually preregisters for anything though?

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:47 PM
SunfireN2o wrote:Who actually preregisters for anything though?

past years, a ton of people did. i know i did.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:52 PM
i do believe over a 100 people did last year.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 3:55 PM
I always did.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search