tuner bash camping - J-Body Meets Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuner bash camping
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:03 PM
i'm from youngstown ohio and i don't know the mansfield area at all. i was wondering if there are any camp grounds near dragway 42 where the bash is going to be. or maybe som,eone can tell me if there will be camping at the bash itself. any info would be sweet

Re: tuner bash camping
Monday, July 23, 2007 1:18 PM
in the track itself i believe but they moved to dragway 42..so im not sure on the regulations there??

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:53 AM
no camping to my knowledge there

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 5:05 PM
this sucks im not paying for a friggin hotel while im there by myself..

Built&Boosted moar

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 7:31 PM
just find someone to room with...shouldn't be hard...worst case scenario you can use my floor...but i might actually have bedspace available too

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:52 AM
O rly? please keep my posted sir. I appreciate it

Built&Boosted moar

Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:28 PM
Overnight camping IS available at Dragway 42 during our weekend events.

Permanent restrooms and shower facilities are on the premises and there is NO CHARGE for overnight camping or for the use of the shower facilities for PAID participants and spectators.

Paying "Bash" participants may stay free of charge Friday night into Saturday morning.

Anyone paying to be either a spectator or participant in the track's regularly scheduled Saturday race event that occurs after the "Bash" will be welcome to stay overnight Saturday night into Sunday morning.

In addition to the track's Friday test and tune, there are 8 heads-up classes in competition. 4 classes are on the 1/4 mile for trophies (13.00, 14.00, 15.00, and 16.00 on a .5 pro tree) and 4 classes are on the 1/8th mile for cash (5.70 and 6.40 on a .4 pro tree plus 7.00 and 8.00 on a .5 pro tree).

Test and tuners receive a free entry into the heads-up trophy classes. An additional $10 fee is the entry to the money classes and funds a 100% payback of the total fees in the class to the winner and runner-up.

After the "Bash", our regular program offers two classes that may be of interest to you.

There is a "Street" bracket class that pays $200 to win / $50 runner-up (and $10 round money for everyone else beginning with a driver's 2nd round win of the evening) on the 1/4 mile for dial-ins 12.00-up. The car and driver entry fee is $20.

There is also a "No Box" bracket class that pays $800 to win / $300 to runner-up / $100 to semi-finalists (and $15 round money for everyone else beginning with a driver's 2nd round win of the evening) on the 1/8th mile for 0-8.99 dial-ins. The car and driver entry fee is $35

On Sunday there is another regular race program with a guaranteed purse plus bonus money "No Delay Box" bracket class on the 1/8th mile as well as a test and tune.

The Sunday test and tune is $12 car and driver. For $8 more a driver can enter the Sunday "No Delay Box" class that will pay a guaranteed minimum $300 to win and when the car count goes over 32 cars an extra $10 is added to the winner purse. In other words, if 42 cars are in the first round, the class pays $400 to win...52 cars pays $500...etc, etc. There is also $10 round money beginning with a racer's 2nd round win of the day.

All Sunday time trials and the test and tune are run on the 1/4 mile. Elimination rounds are run on the 1/8th mile for dial-ins 0-12.99. If you are knocked out of the eliminations you can still test and tune for the remainder of the day for no extra charge.

Save your hotel and motel money by camping at the track and turn the savings into more $$$ for you by racing in our regular weekend programs.

We look forward to see all of the participants at your Inaugural "Tuner Bash".

=============================================================
Dragway 42 - Celebrating Our 50th Anniversary Season in 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:48 PM
NICE.I Love you guys for letting me know this..Now im off to find me a tent..

Built&Boosted moar

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:03 PM
Matt Gorman wrote:NICE.I Love you guys for letting me know this..Now im off to find me a tent..

No problem. I hope you guys have a great event.

I hope the area guys see how much fun there is available at the track.

The twice per month, Friday heads-up program is a lot of fun. Luckily that program fell on this Friday night.

We also run a "Sport Compact" 1/4 mile trophy class every Wednesday night. We had Cobalts in the finals 4 straight weeks earlier this season. The Sport Compact class is open to all 4 and 6 cyl front wheel drive cars. The car and driver entry fee is $12 with the class winner taking home a 2' tall trophy and all racers winning 2 or more rounds of eliminations taking home a trophy.

The track also distributes 5-$20 Summit Racing Equipment Retail Store gift cards every Wednesday night to racers based on a random criteria. Last night the $20 gift cards went to the driver in each class with the best green light reaction time in the first round of eliminations.

Tuesday and Friday nights are test and tune nights. Just $10 to race or $5 to watch.

Every Tuesday night offers qualifying for the 100 MPH Club for street legal cars. There are 3 sessions (7, 8, and 9PM) and the cost to make an attempt for the 100 MPH Club is just $1.00 Qualifiers receive a pair of "Member" decals for their car plus a listing on the track website, the chance to purchase exclusive 100 MPH Club t-shirts, and once per month can attempt to qualify for the 110 and 120 MPH Club.

Gates open at 5:30 PM for all weeknight programs.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:22 PM
yeah the guys at my work go there almost every tues night..my car is too slow to race seeing that i snapped my S/C er belt and tensioner

Built&Boosted moar

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:38 PM
Man you guys seem like you have a pretty nice event at the track all the time.. Can't wait to come up there and see it..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:44 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Man you guys seem like you have a pretty nice event at the track all the time.. Can't wait to come up there and see it..

Thanks. We try!

We are open 5 days a week from April through October plus weekends in March and November. We try to have something available for every kind of vehicle at every event we host.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:51 PM
thats is why i prefer 42 over norwalk..i pay less, drive a shorter didtance and have a blast

Built&Boosted moar

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search