Drive the Dragon; Run the 1/8th meet; watch the dirt races. - J-Body Meets Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Drive the Dragon; Run the 1/8th meet; watch the dirt races.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 6:02 PM
Anybody interested in getting together for a "Drive the Dragon/Run the 1/8th mile/ watch the dirt races" in E Tennessee/W North Carolina/N Georgia/ Southern Kentucky this spring?
Any year/brand/engine/NA/turbo/nitrous/body kit from anywhere is invited. Just has to be a J Body

There's lots of places to drive and have fun in the Knoxville area.
The idea is:'
1. drive the dragon in the morning
2. run the 1/8th mile in the afternoon; http://411dragway.info/
3. attend the dirt track races in the evening; http://www.411motorspeedway.net/
the tracks are owned by two different people and charge separate admission but is about $20 total for both, per person.

The Dragon is an 11+ mile stretch of road with 318 curves that ascends from Maryville, TN to the NC border on US hwy 129. From there to the 411 dragway is about a 40 minute drive. The dirt track is right next door to the drag strip.
Give me a PM if you have interest, but ALSO indicate so on this thread.

If we can generate enough interest, we can talk about reserving the track. The dragon is free year around.
I'm willing to do the leg work to see if we can make this happen! If I can put this together, are there any Knoxville area folks willing to help out?

thanks,
dennis

Re: Drive the Dragon; Run the 1/8th meet; watch the dirt races.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 6:17 PM
Maybe open it to more than just J-Bodies.
I'm in, most of my Car club would most likely be up for it.

Been looking at a Rod-Run/Pigeon Forge meet for April.

Re: Drive the Dragon; Run the 1/8th meet; watch the dirt races.
Friday, January 06, 2012 5:42 PM
Josh Watson wrote:Maybe open it to more than just J-Bodies.
I'm in, most of my Car club would most likely be up for it.

Been looking at a Rod-Run/Pigeon Forge meet for April.

Thanks for the input Josh. Unfortunately, I've run into an issue that forces me to withdraw this idea for an event.

thanks,
Dennis
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search