gays - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: gays
Saturday, January 22, 2005 9:37 PM on j-body.org
Well, I'm tolerate of people's beliefs as long as 1) They don't try to push them on me and 2) They don't sound like an idiot when they talk about them. Sorry bud, can't tolerate your belief. I think what most closesly resembles my beliefs is that religion causes wars because everyone is trying to get on top and prove that they are right. And Sizzy's "kind" are not the most intolerate toward your god. I think I'm going to go start a topic on this but then again I'll probably end up with shallow people like you continually posting that they are right. Then again, it might be enlightening to see what other people's beliefs are.

Saturday, January 22, 2005 9:38 PM on j-body.org
They haven't changed in the15-odd years i've had them, so they are not going to change. besdies, having seen it all before, it's almost obvious that you've never faced some of the horrors i have (although i'm not going to say that you haven't faced some that i haven't yet).

When you're looking at me, youre looking at the one that went into the foxhole as a christian, and came out a pagan. you can't hold societal "norms" when you're dealing with me.

<br>

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Saturday, January 22, 2005 9:55 PM on j-body.org
Keeper, I cant hold societal norms when Im talking about Jesus. Larsen, don't talk about pushing anything on anybody. You rainbow warriors have managed to exlude God out of most public arenas where he stood before you decided he didnt belong, because He was being pushed on you. Im just pushing back, fighting for my God in the public arena. <br>

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:02 PM on j-body.org
I never said you were pushing your religion on me. Seeing a cross or hearing religious songs doesn't offend me. I have no problem with "In God We Trust" on money or seeing something religious in school. And we "Rainbow Warriors" aren't the ones pushing god or religion out of public places, that would be the extreme-atheists. Kinda like extreme-christians but the opposite.
Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:19 PM on j-body.org
The world is the world. That wont change. SO what your tolerate of is anything other than God. Yeah, we get the point. <br>

Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:25 PM on j-body.org
I'm curious as to where I said that.
Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:33 PM on j-body.org
By the way you cannot be born gay, there is no human gene (atleast mapped out at this point) that allows a child to be born with a feeling towards another person, it is all developed from their first environments and surroudings
Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:43 PM on j-body.org
that is a great point tredici. <br>

Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:46 PM on j-body.org
But is there a gene that makes us attracted to the opposite sex?
Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:54 PM on j-body.org
once again attraction would be a feeling... hence my statement up above
Saturday, January 22, 2005 10:58 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, I"m about half-asleep right now. Looked back after I posted and realized my mistake. But I'm questioning if it is all affected by environments and surroundings. I know there has been gay people who were raised perfectly fine in a normal household but still turned out gay. Hormone imbalance maybe, I dunno.

Saturday, January 22, 2005 11:03 PM on j-body.org
In other words, the only thing that it could be is a choice. Thats why it is a sin. Would God create a gay person?, when He struck Gomora, it was because homosexuality among men was occurring with all that other sinful practice. You could see if not inwardly, but outwardly expressed by the environment. It was acceptable in helping create such an environment, just like today. <br>

Sunday, January 23, 2005 12:48 AM on j-body.org
Do any of you even know anyone who is gay? or have known someone and then found out they are gay?
Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:08 AM on j-body.org
leatherz wrote:Do any of you even know anyone who is gay? or have known someone and then found out they are gay?

yes and yes, just moved and don't have anyone that I know living near me right now, not putting an ad out for gay friends or anything, but also don't discriminate against em either.

since jb4jc has really injected religious morals into this thread I have a question;

Did Mary ever consent to giving birth to Jesus or are we to believe that "God" told her she would have the baby? If this is true maybe there should be some legal action taken against this at bare minimum sexual assualt, but possible rape.

So let me guess; she wanted it? well she never "said" NO? It was "God's will"? 'this isn't the same thing?

I said sexual assult because there may noyt have been penile vaginal penetration, the equivalent of being attacked with a holy turkey baster full of God Nut (I am sure God is proud enough of his seed to capitalize it too).
don't take this too seriously if you have even half a brain
<br>

Sunday, January 23, 2005 9:03 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc: cool it. Homosexuality is not a choice, it's dictated by brain chemistry. This is proven at least 3 times, but then again, start using google and learn other points of interest and study.

Alright...

Yes I know a bunch of homosexual men and women, both in and out of the closet. They're not on whole, Flaming, leering, roving, letches... contrary to popular belief, but quite the opposite, they're pretty reserved. There are a few people that are pretty flamboyant, and outthpoken... But otherwise, they just want to be left alone, be happy with whomever they decide they want to be with. What's the big difference between them and anyone else?

In our society, there HAS to be something more worthy to get bent out of shape about than what 2 people do behind closed doors..
<br>

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, January 23, 2005 9:13 AM on j-body.org
People like me? Way to generalize. Because we all know all gay people think alike, it's like a cult, right? How Christian of you not to recognize your homosexual Christian brothers. You can't get over the fact that there are people out there that aren't afraid, that don't live there life based on a book and a set of values set forth by that very book, and your kingdom of worship; the church. Big @!#$ deal, get over it. Your way of life isn't for everyone and the more you try to sell it like it's going out of style (hah) the more I dislike you. What good is having faith if you don't have your own ideas? All your doing is exploiting your religion to the fullest. Hide behind your bible sir, and I will wave my flag high and proud. Now thanks for turning this into yet another excuse to preach your bull@!#$, once again failing to prove your Christian morals by being just another bigot bible waving douche bag.

There is no simple answer to the question, 'Are some people born lesbian or gay?' There are some theories which stress biological differences between heterosexual and homosexual adults, suggesting that people are born with their sexuality already determined. I know what I'am and I don't believe I got there because my father packed up shop when I was 2, if some psychologist wants to take the easy way out and assume that's why, well hey whatever... Lets continue to learn, because facts are the only solid foundation we have and with education comes tolerance and understanding.

<br>

Sunday, January 23, 2005 9:34 AM on j-body.org
The only people that know that being gay is not a choice are the ones that are GAY! Like others have stated before, we just want to live our lives and be happy.

The whole thing about gay marriage destroying society and family values - that is BS!
There are reasons why we want to be accepted and get married - most of mine personally are for legality purposes. Wanting to be accepted and recognized as a loving couple just like a heterosexual couple, down to simple things like receiving tax credits that other married couples do. How about not having to go through legal battles with your dead partners family or the government to get what is rightfully yours - something a straight person normally does not have to do. How about being refused to see your partner in the hospital because you are not LEGALLY a spouse or blood relative.

The list of things that the heterosexual community takes for granted and have no idea about what it is like.

The most closely related to this kind of discrimination would be those minority groups that are singled out because of race, sex or religious beliefs. Those people understand what it is about - most have and still are striving for EQUALITY!
Sunday, January 23, 2005 9:45 AM on j-body.org
I think that being gay really is not a choice nor is it something that is environmentally caused.

I love my gay friends, and my straight friends. Do I deny either of them happiness, no. Is it my right, hell no.

I beleive gay people are good for this world and deserve to have what straight couples do as well. If commonlaw couples (male female) can have full benefits without even marrying why can't the gays.

Gay people especially gay couples who want to be bonded and have a family are great as we all know this world is vastly overpopulated. Since they cannot "create" a baby, they save a few from orphanage hell and poverty, and bring them in to love and cherish like you or I would our own children.

My best friend has 2 mom's, and she is straight, again an example of not being environmentally "forced" into sexuality.

I am thankfull that I live in a country that accepts most people for who they are no matter what religion or sexual preference.
Sunday, January 23, 2005 10:01 AM on j-body.org
Jbody4jc why don't you SHUT THE @!#$ UP! you Ned Flanders wannabe. <br>

Sunday, January 23, 2005 11:16 AM on j-body.org
leatherz wrote:The only people that know that being gay is not a choice are the ones that are GAY! Like others have stated before, we just want to live our lives and be happy.

HEY!!! I know that and I'm not gay!

I also said the same thing you did too.

Just razzing ya, you have to know that there are a lot more straights that just want everyone to be happy than those that don't.

Bad_kitty: Now if some people would get off their hyporcritical arses and respect everyone for who they are (as long as they don't transgress the law), things would be a little more dandy.

Spike: that's funny. I doubt a cork in the mouth (or on the fingers) would help at this point. I've pretty much set his posts on ignore... <br>

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, January 23, 2005 4:11 PM on j-body.org
I love Sizzy! So I do not post much outside of Anything Goes, but this whole thread is . Who the hell are you to judge anyone? Really, just because people are different from you does not give you the "right" to hate anyone or the "right" to generalize an entire population of people just because it is not "your" way of thinking. Unfortunately, you just add to the dysfunction and the intolerance of our country. Can you actually just look at a person and say, "Wow, you are gay."? More than likely not, it is not like a physical feature like being black or white. You probably "hate" everyone and anyone who is not like you. Your and ungrateful close-minded teenager who has probably never left the comfort of your home. I hope when you get out into the real world, for example, lets say college, whites, blacks, Asians, Arabs, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, straights....the list goes on and on, are all at the college to further their education. Just as for most all of us on this board are here for a common purpose, and that being our love for our cars. To switch gears on you, I'm sure someone in your life has questioned you about the motivation or the reason you do what you do to your car. What do you think about that? Really what business is that of anyone elses. If it makes you happy and thats what you want to do, then go for it. Would it be "right" for someone to say "Hey, you mod your @!#$ty Cavalier, so therefore, I hate you."? I mean, really that just sounds stupid. If someone is not pushing there "gayness" upon you and saying you should be homosexual just because I am, then what business do you have saying just because I am heterosexual, you should be too. None Really. So get off your ignorant high-horse and open your eyes. And further more, do you really think that if being gay were a choice, people would actually choose it? The hate crimes, the ridicule, the judgements people pass......life is hard enough as is, I personally would not choose to take a way harder path in life...and I do not think the homosexual population would either. It has been studied and shown that the makeup of homosexual brains is much like that of the opposite sex. Many studies about pregnant woman being under high amounts of stress during the sexation of the fetus brain have been done....To much of this hormone and not enough of that hormone can very well effect the way the babies brain develops. There are more attributing factors, but I will not go on and on. Do some research on your own time. Maybe you should start helping the world become more tolerant of minorities and become more educated before you post something that you know very little about.

Sunday, January 23, 2005 4:37 PM on j-body.org
wow, the jbo gets hostile when discussing sexuality.
<br>

Sunday, January 23, 2005 5:49 PM on j-body.org
I have a gay ex-girlfriend that I still talk to and my sister is now officially gay. My other sister found out and decided that I'd be next in line so she asked me when I was coming out of the closet. Made me laugh for a couple minutes. I don't have a problem with my sis being a lesbian but when my other sister thinks I'm going to turn out the same way? I like girls too much to switch over (sorry guys). And you know what? Now I got 4 girls that I can go hang out and check out chicks with.
Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:30 PM on j-body.org
i dont have the right to hate someone? why the @!#$ not?

and hate is a strong word, alot of you here are putting words in my mouth, let me clear this up a little...

i never said i hate all gay people. (i did i made a mistake)
i DID say that I do not agree, IN MY OPINION, with their way of life.
and yes i am catholic, so a large part of this is my religion, but i kept that out of it because to me it doesnt really matter on this issue

i do not want gay marriage because i do not want my children to be able to turn on the TV and see gay couples, or hear about a kid with two dads or moms. basicly legalizing gay marriages would promote gayness. its not an advertising campaign for it, but it makes it more public, and that is what i dont want. people can be gay, but i prefer if they do it ONLY behind a closed door, in privacy. <br>

Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:45 PM on j-body.org
So promoting heterosexual couples is the way to go.... I guess the only way to completely solve this would be to prevent any concept of love from being shown on television. That way the gay people won't complain that it's promoting heterosexuality and the straight people won't complain that it's promoting homosexuality.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search