What are your beliefs? - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What are your beliefs?
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 2:56 PM on j-body.org
well i didn't think we were arguing, i was trying to answer jbody4jc's questions the best i can, but ok, lets let otheres answer to this post too........lets see if one post can go without turning into flame city <br>

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 3:39 PM on j-body.org
wow...
I think I have the second shortest response in the thread.. this isn't good.

Personally I figure that as long as you harm no one (which includes passing judgement), you can do whatever. Worship God, Allah, Iehovah, Buddha, Krishna (or one of his incarnations), Satan (he apparently likes it), who ever. The truth is yours to find.

Start pushing that truth on other people, and making a mockery of yourself, you're probably pissing off your God.. He, She, They or It will probably not like that, but they'll deal with you on their own.

Personally if I think you're full of isht, I'll keep it to myself, just haul your own weight, do for yourself before you start trying to fix other people's problems or make judgements. Just live small, try to be happy, and don't visit your pain on others.

Jbody4jc: question, In the Book of Job, does God not visit many calamities as a test of Job? Does not >the< Satan (not Lucifer) act as (if you'll forgive the colloquialism) His divinity's loyal opposition? In fact, acting like a court fool? The one voice that will tell the king that he's as full of it as the rest of us?

If you (or anyone else, it's an open forum) want to learn about Satan as more than just a mis-understood archetype, read the <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679731180/qid=1106696716/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/102-4519178-8697741">Origin of Satan</a>. It's an interesting read.
<br>

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 7:45 PM on j-body.org
never thought i would type this but in defence of jb4jc, in his open minded thread he actually states that he has a difficulty with and may not have an open mind which is a big step, can't really hold it against him, it would be like me saying that since your not 7 feet tall and since you can't shoot fire from your eyes you suck, just ain't right. and didn't really see any malice in his post/ reply to mikec.

on topic, to worship god means you have to have faith in the bible and believe in all things written (far right) (and a bad thing IMHO), so would it not go inherently in a devout belief in satan bordering on worshipping his existence as the classic anti-hero as it is written?

<br>

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:20 PM on j-body.org
nah, he didn't have any malice, just questions and mabey a little debate, nothing bad about that at all, having questions like he had at least implies he is at least becoming open minded enough to even care about learning about other religions while still holding his own in very high regards, a very respectable thing indeed, jbody4jc moved up a few notches on my respect meter

btw a little off topic but what are the holy books for buddhism and hinduism? i wanna look into them and the koran, im sure amazon.com has them <br>

Hail Satan

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:31 PM on j-body.org
Well let's get one thing straight..if you believe in Satan than you believe in God. If there's one person who knows whether God is real, it's Satan. <br>

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 8:41 PM on j-body.org
Alright, I apologize for jumping on jbody4jc earlier. Todays just been one of those days.

Mikec: I'm not sure Buddhism has a set book for it but I'll check up on it. Hinduism you might do a search of India or something and see if it leads anywhere.

AnDaZZo: Yes, if Satan does exists then God should exist also. I've heard many arguements that Satan isn't a person but a personification of evil. Like back when someone evil had the devil in them it was more that they were just evil but they personified the evil so they could blame Satan for causing people to be evil.
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 9:00 PM on j-body.org
Well according to the Bible, yes Satan isn't a "person" because he was created as an angel..who is a heavenly being not a human. If he was a human than his sins could have been forgiven by the death of Jesus and theoretically could get into heaven if he chose to. But Jesus wasn't sent for the angels or the demons, only for humanity. I guess I'll ask God about that one when I see him. But according to the three monotheistic religions Satan is alive on Earth..that is why his demons are able to possess human beings who let them in their lives. I don't know how many angels are in heaven but the devil took 1/3 of them with him so thats a pretty big chunk. <br>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:23 AM on j-body.org
Buddists (Tibetan anyway) use a book commonly referred to as "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" sometimes called "The Book of the Dead" although that is a title that should be reserved for the "Egyptian Book of the Dead"

Hindu texts escape my memory right now.

Any Major book store will have texts for both.

The Tibetan text is quite a read, at some points the descriptions are so vivid you can feel what the author is describing. Kinda creepy in parts too.

PAX
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:27 AM on j-body.org
cool.....lemme check amazon.com...........cool 12.95 on amazon.......i can cover all major religions for about 50 bucks, not bad for some good reading and insight.....guess im gonna be busy soon <br>

Hail Satan

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 7:56 AM on j-body.org
Thanks to AnDaZZo

http://www.freekoran.com/ <br>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 9:07 AM on j-body.org
having read the "satanic bible" and seen a video with Anton LeVey, my reaction was . As such, as a personal belief system for myself, i give it as much credence as i give christianity.

Notice, before i start jihad, i said as a personal belief system for *myself*. The rest of you could believe in whatever gets you through the day . <br>

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 12:12 PM on j-body.org
why do you call yourself "Keeper of the LIght", its obvious you don't stand for anything thats light. Sorry to bust your bubble. <br>

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 12:31 PM on j-body.org
Your definition of "light" and my definition probably contain some dissimilar elements from each other.

I don't view christianity in practice as "light". War, opression, bigotry, slavery, chauvenism, prejudice, and intolerance--all of that has in the past been jusitifed, and in many cases is still practiced by askepcts of christianity. It could even be said, that you are intolerant--not that i believe it .

OTOH, I do live by the Bushido code--and practice it. People who know me attest to this. In theory, the bushido code is just as "light" as christianity and it's morals. In practice, in my opinion, it's much more light. <br>

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:12 PM on j-body.org
War - this battle is spiritual, not one with man.

opression- this is the tool satan uses too hold man's nature against him.

bigotry-Christianity accepts all races, creeds, beliefs, ethnicities, into
becoming changed for God. Most religions do not.

chauvensim-if american pride is this way, it is not from Christianity, Christianity
humbles one and breaks one's pride.

prejudice-you think you know me by that intollerant remark below.

Intollerant- since you believe religion shouldn't be in society you are intolerant
as you have already prejudged true Christianity. <br>

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 1:36 PM on j-body.org
<smacks his forehead>

Apparently we're talking different languages, let me try to reiterate.

Let's take this inside-out.

Intolerance: I never said religion shouldn't be in society, i said "organized" religion shouldn't be in society. To tell people they can't believe is impossible. To tell people that can't form lobbying groups to make their beilefs an en-masse mandate is just to me, common sense.

Prejudice: your apparent stance on Gay rights is the basis of my point.

Chauvenism: Is it not women that are responsible for Original Sin?

Bigotry: Christianity accepts anyone to be a christian, but accepts few that are decidedly NOT christian.

Oppression: Explain the Salem witch trials to me then.

War: Explain the crusaded again. <br>

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 3:36 PM on j-body.org
Jb4jc: You're assuming that your version of the truth is the >real< truth.

I say that it's the real truth >to you.<

The only difference between myself (and most other people on the .org that are getting more than a little fed up with your ministerings) and you is that we don't assume that our version of the truth is universal. Arrogance in that respect, is typically checked at the door.
<br>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:33 PM on j-body.org
Hmm.....Anyone else got a belief to post? <br>

Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 6:55 PM on j-body.org
lol.......I think this thread went the same way as most war forum posts do james...........endless religion bickering <br>

Hail Satan

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 7:30 PM on j-body.org
Yeah. I was hoping to avoid that. If people would just learn to control themselves and not post at everything that offends them especially when I stated that I didn't want any arguements. If you don't believe something to be true, ignore it. Not that hard. <br>

Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 7:35 PM on j-body.org
Keeper, in Salem 2 of the people murdered by the Ergot tripping witch hunters were Christian ministers.. How about you explain that to me? 50% of the victoms were men as well, so let's not go down that road either. The townsfolk were more than likely on an "acid" like high caused by a fungus that grows on rye grain. The drug is able to survive the cooking process and likely was injested in the bread eaten by nearly everyone in the town. Because they had no knowledge of the drug and would very likely feel as if they were going insane, people began accusing each other. Many personal vendettas were settled along with those randomly accused.

The elderly priest was crushed by bolders over the course of 3 days.

So there ya go.

PAX
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 10:12 PM on j-body.org
hahaha
"Witch" was not meant only female, so that lies moot for the gender bias. whether it was chemical intoxication or not is really moot (does the fact that you're drunk lessen the fact that you killed someone?)

The point was not to bring "witch" into it as a method of this relegion vs. that religion. It was how christianity was USED as a method oppression.

As i said, hahaha, and i know you should get where i'm coming from. In theory--or as the base fundamental ideal--the way Jesus would want christians to be, it's not a bad concept. the practice is what pisses me off...

Just like the wicca priestess that tried to cancel hallowe'en. That doesn't hold with the tenet of wicca (do what ye will and harm ye none).

How i explain the salem witch trials? People using religion as justification for vendetta and oppression.

<br>

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 11:20 PM on j-body.org
name me one organized group, religion, culture, or race that has a clean slate against humanity..all have their own faults, politics, and extremists. lets not call out one if we're not gonna call out the rest. <br>

Thursday, January 27, 2005 6:53 AM on j-body.org
All the more reason to ban it completely.

Start from a clean slate.
<br>

Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:05 AM on j-body.org
what aboot druids? anyone know much aboot them?

<br>

Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:09 AM on j-body.org
I know they'd generally kick the arse of people that Mocked them

No doot, eh?

<br>

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search