street racing.... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: street racing....
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:32 PM on j-body.org
tires have ratings? are you serious? wow......lol no j/p with you, i have a funny story to tell about tire ratings, my dumba$$ friend told me one time that if u have tires taht are rated to go faster, ur car wont shut down as early...haha....i know, i know, hes an idiot, i asked him since when they developed a way for the computer and tires to comunicate to eaother to tell eachother how fast u can go b4 she blows....lol

Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:07 PM on j-body.org
My Car Sucks wrote:street racing really does not end tragic often. according to the fatality analysis reporting system, from 1998-2001 there were 149,451 fatal accidents. of these accidents, 315 (.21 involved street racing. this figure makes it seem as if street racing involved fatalities are very insignificant.

So many street races occured last year? What's the percentage of street races that ended in a fatality? That's the real figure, not the overall. Most drivers aren't street racing. They get wrecked up for other dumb reasons, like drunk driving, etc.

---

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:53 PM on j-body.org
Preventable death and injury, that is the point.

With your logic, you should go out in a thunderstorm and stand on a hill with a lightning rod because hardly anyone ever get's killed by lightning.

How many people who were not involved in a street race were killer or injured because of one? One is too many.

PAX
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:55 PM on j-body.org
Killed or injured, not killer..

It's like target shooting on a sidewalk. Sure you could do it without killing anyone, but that doesn't mean you will.

PAX
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:09 PM on j-body.org
agreed i used to street race in florida (oh yeah my sis is at j-ville u well have to have a beer next time im down there ) all i can say is it was fun i look back on it and laugh im glad no one ever got hurt while i was around but one street racing charge was enough to learn my lesson i could have paid to go to the track and fill up with 4 gallons of race fuel every night for a month with the money i spent on lawyer fees fines and court fees and the impounding of my car but alot of times i still cant resist the urge to purge my n2o while sitting at a light next to a mustang all in all most of us are men here (sorry ladies i dont understand ya'll, when i do ill write a book) we are egomaniacal creatures we all want to be the best at everything and when that prick pulls up next to you or calls you out at the late-nights all we can see is red and we know we must make him look like @!#$ so we can be the dominant one

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:21 AM on j-body.org
MUFF:
Tell ya what, I'd rather let some jack-ass wrap his car around a telephone pole or light standard... When that has happened to me I tell them to take their sh*t to the track.

BTW, most guys with Mustangs have a "little" problem if they're revving their engine at anyone... the hell with being the "dominant" one... ruler of the street lights at 5th and main.. lol

Anyhow, if a woman can't figure a guy out, she's probably thinking too hard.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:20 AM on j-body.org
What is the purpose of street racing anyways? You don't get recognized (until you take it to the track). You don't get trophys (unless your at a track or in an event). You can never say your faster than someone else (unless your on a long stretch of road with no bumps or curves).

I personally never street raced because there is no benefit, not to me or to anyone else. If I ever get the urge I will probably go to a track. You can throw all these statistics on here about casualties that involved street racing because it doesn't mean jack.

People who are stupid will continue to street race and smart people will continue to watch out for them on the roads. Nothing is gonna change. I know if someone reved at me i will personally tell them to go f*ck off! Thats just me. Im not hating on anyone, street racer or not, I am just stating that it will always be around, nothing can be done about it and its stupid but what can I do. Kids will be kids!

Alex
Monday, March 21, 2005 9:54 PM on j-body.org
Hi Cam I see our forum got closed. Thats too bad.

Anyway my question is, wasn't this whole tuner thing built on street racing. It all started how long ago? Lets think back to the 30's or 40's or 50's or 60's ext. People have been street racing for as long as cars have been produced. Think about it. We aren't doin anything new that hasn't been done by our parents, grandfathers, great grandfathers or even mothers for that matter. We are just the current trend for now. 10-20yrs from now our kids will be doin the same thing in whatever trend is out then. You'll never stop street racing. Never. It has been going on for too long and people love it too much.

Now is it right to street race. NO and YES. No I don't think its a good idea to street race when theres traffic out the wazu on the road. But, if theres nobody around and you and another guy or gal look each other in the eye and say lets go. Well so be it. I'm racin. Now if I get caught, well thats my fault. But if I get away with it and noones hurt and I win or lose, I had fun in the moment. That is what its all about. Havin fun. But its not fun if ya kill someone or cause an accident. So the only thing you can do is decide at the time if its right to go or not. If you make the wrong decision it could mean your life or someone elses so be smart about it.

For those who think its completely wrong you can't tell me you've never had a guy run you off the road or cut you off or something of the sort and didn't go after them. We've all done it at least once. Thats street racin. No your not linin up at a light and goin but your still speedin after someone who pissed you off. Same thing.

I know as usual someone will have bad things to say towards my opinon so to all who think so . Hey thats your opinion and your intidaled to it.

Vengeance Racing (Honor or Death)
2004 Cavalier
Supercharged by RSM Racing and Vortech
hp 255
Mods see my profile and go to my car
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:59 PM on j-body.org
BV: The other post had the makings of going really bad really fast. I'm surprised it wasn't shut down sooner... BTW its GAM... I've owned 4 nbodies (I currently have an Alero, but I was known as Grand Am Matt for a long while).

Anyhow...

True, that people have been street racing forever, and the biggest thing is that people have been dying stupidly forever also. Now, if its just a racer, hey whatever floats your boat and I Hope you're square with your chosen God... but the problem is that most of the time these people take a Mother of 2 kids, or a couple of grand parents or hell... even a kid that had nothing to do with the race, along with them.

The only difference between a live street racer and a dead one is chance. No amount of skill will get you out of losing control when your equipment fails.

Also, getting bent out of shape about someone cutting you off isn't street racing... at least, I don't think so, because you're not racing against a clock or each other, and there's nothing at stake other than foolish pride.

Personally, I've seen people cut me off, and pull the exact same thing with a Hwy cruiser... they slow down, and if not, they lose their license... no reason for me to throw away my license because the other guy is a jerk. I've Gone after some @!#$ before, and it netted me my 3rd ticket in my driving career, but it was the minimum fine no points, I learned my lesson.

Getting pissed is futile. They're going to do it again, and usually they lose their license because they're doing something else that's dumb. But then again, I'm a big believer in Karma.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:41 PM on j-body.org
Ya know I'm actually gonna agree with you on a point for once. Alot of these idiots street racing do take a life needlessly. Mainly cause they were racing at the wrong time in the wrong situation. They don't think before they act.

Now me on the other hand I don't just street race. I always look around me at all times driving. I honestly drive in my rear view as much as in front of me. Sometimes lookin for someone to race or watchin for cops. I'm a lead foot. I drive at 15-20 over the speed limit at all times. Unless I'm just in a chillin mood. Which ain't often. I drive for fun. Wether theres someone to race or not. I'm always testin my skills. I've done it since I was drivin. I'm experienced.

I've been in 4 accidents though, oddly 3 of them had nothin to do with speeding it was the other guy or woman. My last one was my fault and I almost totaled my brand new 40k trailblazer. Hydroplained on a huge puttle in the middle of the road when it was porrin. I wasn't racin just speedin to get to work, I hate to be late. Well it wasn't totaled but I learned my lesson in that truck. Never really sped around in it ever again. I also hate drivin in rain anymore.

As far as my cavi and now my SS Impala (traded my truck last year) I have no fear anymore cause there cars. I do get one to many tickets though. I had 6 last year. One in Canada when I went to get my performance done. Funny, that one was for my radar detector. I wasn't even speeding. F&ckin cops I hate em. I still ain't paid that one yet. The other 5 were for speedin. And I almost got one for street racin but the guy let us both go. How havn't I lost my licence yet you ask? I go to court baby. Ya see I normally get them in different boroughs so I go to court say I'm sorry and they drop it to no points and 5mph over. Works every time. Also since I work for a Chevy dealer in my area I got out of 2 of them scott free (got those back to back days by the same damn cop, that sucked). See our dealer gives them vans to use for there D.A.R.E program. Among other things so there pretty easy on us.

But anyway I don't street race stupidly only when the conditions are right. And I don't ever wanna take mine my kids, wifes or anybody elses life. So I'm always as carefull as I can be. That may sound funny comin from me, but its true.

2004 Cavalier
hp 255
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:57 PM on j-body.org
Well, Radar detectors usually aren't stealthed too well, the only one I'd use is a Valentine one, but then again, I'm just cheap and obey the speed limits.. I have to keep the speeding tix down because I work for the RCMP, and I get reviewed yearly so I can get my security certificates.

I don't usually get tickets because I'm careful, but if I get pulled over I have to identify myself to other LEO's and if I do get stopped, I usually just get a verbal warning and a bit of shop talk... most traffic cops that want to progress into something wetter tend to want to chat.

Anyhow.. I think I may get one of the older Crown Vics... apparently the bondurant school uses them to teach some drifting courses

As far as street racing, I just let the kids go and have their fun, because I know that if they get caught, they're just going to keep me employed for another day.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 4:20 PM on j-body.org
"People have been street racing for as long as cars have been produced. Think about it. We aren't doin anything new that hasn't been done by our parents, grandfathers, great grandfathers or even mothers for that matter."

people have been shooting each othere for ages as well but that doesnt mean i want thugs to go shooting up my neighborhood because their grandfather did it.

if your so about speed and your car and racing take it to a track, there are drag strips all over the place, there are autocross tracks setup in parking lots every weekend, there are road courses.

truth be told, its generally the guys that say "im experienced i dont need to worry " that get into the most trouble. the problem allot of times isnt the things that you can control, like your car, its the things around you that your not capable of controlling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:08 PM on j-body.org
I'm positive most people are surprised right before they die.

PAX
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:18 PM on j-body.org
Well this year I do plan to go to the track more because my car is getting more and more mods on it and I wanna do regular racing. Plus I'm not tryin to have my car get messed up in any accidents cause its also a show car. To much money in this thing to be fixin it cause I recked. Besides that I will still go a round with someone if I get the chance and its safe.

2004 Cavalier
hp 255
Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:53 AM on j-body.org
one question

how did drag racing start?

Monday, April 04, 2005 1:24 PM on j-body.org
I was street racing till a lady t-boned me.

After court, a boat load of fines, family issues, and 9 points on licence. And way to much for car insurance i realized i was
@!#$ Retarded.

I never street raced again ever.

I thought theirs no body on the road, hell it was a four lane interstate. I was wrong, and I think anybody that thinks street racing is cool or fun should just stop, before they ruin their life or anothers life.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 4:50 PM on j-body.org
WOW
THAT was the BIGGEST half hour waste of my entire life, where can i get a refund

I know im new and this is actually the first post i'm making on this site, but i have to say street racing is for genital lacking pussies. Take it to a track, they weren't built to LOOK pretty

if you don't like your local track, but your too LAZY to drive out to go to one, then you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car. You think it's great, then you'll have the sticker on your head when your fame turns to shame cause you end up killing a pedestrian.

Being able to drive your car is better than being behind bars with bubba becuase you were a dumb-@$$ and didn't wanna drive an extra 15 miles to go to a race track

Sorry i just felt like i had to blurt something rude and sudden out
i don't know you so don't take any offense, same for anyone
I"m just saying it out of the fact that it's just not safe - no matter where you do it if it's not on a track it's not safe. there is ALWAYS going to be someone around even that late at night.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:33 AM on j-body.org
My enlight of current events this needs a bump.

So we don't have 129387342108947192387519 threads in the versus forums.

Which is all JimmyZ's fault

Told ya.

Stupid kids.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:10 AM on j-body.org
^^^^Lets hope he doesnt see this or it'll turn into another pissing contest.

Anyways I used to street race. All the time. That was until another guy I was racing hit a telephone pole at 90 MPH. He had his girlfriend and his little cousin who's about 12 with him. That event really opened my eyes. You see I loved to street race it was the greatest feeling in the world. I thought that whatever I did I could suck up the consequences. Some people may argue that whenever a person street races they dont think of the consequences. In my case that just isnt true. I knew I could kill someone and I thought I would be able to live with it.

Boy was I WRONG.

After that accident I really started to think about what I was doing and decided that in my best interest and safety of others it would be good to stop. And I did.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:17 AM on j-body.org
Yes there has always been street raceing true. But in the late 1950's a group of guys from HOTROD magizine got together and formed the "safty safri" They drove accros country and showed the locals how to run a legal drag strip. They met with local officials and showed them how raceing can be done safely. True some have always said they don't like the track or it costs too much to get in or its too far away and I don;t want to drive that far. Those are all cop outs First, why don't you like the track? Hmm
lets see timeing equipment, Emergency personal on stand-by, No traffic to worry about, No cops to worry about. Well the first arguement seems moot. Second it costs too much to get in. Hmm lets see they have to pay for the above mentioned stuff which aint cheep, And how much is it gonna cost you if you hit someone or god forbid kill someone street raceing? Seems like that ones dead too. I know how about #3 its too far away. Ok how far is the drive your parents are gonna have to make to visit you in prison if you kill someone street raceing? How far are the parents and loved ones of the dead person gonna have to go to visit them? So #3 is out also.

I know how about because your too lazy to actualy go to a track. Or how about your car is such a piece of s--t it will never pass tech. Theres no excuse for street raceing its a stupid waste of time and if as much as one person dies because of it then thats one person too many.

I have a great idea the next time any of you dumb asses who admit to it and think its cool decides to go street raceing think about your mom and dad on the way home from a nice evening out, they make a wrong turn and suddenly your family is killed by a friend of your who thinks its cool to street race. Or worse by you. Now go ahead and think I'm a dumb ass or whatever I don't care but just know this if ANY of you are street raceing around and MY family gets hurt or killed you'll never see your trial I gaurentee it.

Go to the track theres absolutely NO excuse you can give for street raceing.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:42 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Yes there has always been street raceing true. But in the late 1950's a group of guys from HOTROD magizine got together and formed the "safty safri" They drove accros country and showed the locals how to run a legal drag strip. They met with local officials and showed them how raceing can be done safely. True some have always said they don't like the track or it costs too much to get in or its too far away and I don;t want to drive that far. Those are all cop outs First, why don't you like the track? Hmm
lets see timeing equipment, Emergency personal on stand-by, No traffic to worry about, No cops to worry about. Well the first arguement seems moot. Second it costs too much to get in. Hmm lets see they have to pay for the above mentioned stuff which aint cheep, And how much is it gonna cost you if you hit someone or god forbid kill someone street raceing? Seems like that ones dead too. I know how about #3 its too far away. Ok how far is the drive your parents are gonna have to make to visit you in prison if you kill someone street raceing? How far are the parents and loved ones of the dead person gonna have to go to visit them? So #3 is out also.

I know how about because your too lazy to actualy go to a track. Or how about your car is such a piece of s--t it will never pass tech. Theres no excuse for street raceing its a stupid waste of time and if as much as one person dies because of it then thats one person too many.

I have a great idea the next time any of you dumb asses who admit to it and think its cool decides to go street raceing think about your mom and dad on the way home from a nice evening out, they make a wrong turn and suddenly your family is killed by a friend of your who thinks its cool to street race. Or worse by you. Now go ahead and think I'm a dumb ass or whatever I don't care but just know this if ANY of you are street raceing around and MY family gets hurt or killed you'll never see your trial I gaurentee it.

Go to the track theres absolutely NO excuse you can give for street raceing.

%100 agree. Now, lets wait for the members here bring up cell phone and driving or drinking and driving....blah blah blah! Yes those scituations do cause more accidents and deaths today but this community is not a "mothers against drunk driving" or "don't use your cell phone while driving" This is a car enthusiasts forum!

I believe that anything at anytime an accident can happen for whatever reason but the topic is STREET RACING! If you wanna talk about drinking and driving and such....then start another topic!

Im not hating on anyone who does it or not but the issues are street racing!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:03 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Well my parents drive a 2005 Dodge ram 1500 Daytona. So I think the one who dies will be the racer. Only a semi can touch a truck that big.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:08 PM on j-body.org
Jbody2nr wrote:
Quote:

Well my parents drive a 2005 Dodge ram 1500 Daytona. So I think the one who dies will be the racer. Only a semi can touch a truck that big.

im pretty sure airbourne into the cab at 90 mph will dent your parents.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:19 PM on j-body.org
Heres what I disagree with. Death happen on the track too! you all act like going fast on a track is Perfectly Safe1 NEWS FLASH: It's not either Fact is going fast can cuase deaths on and off the Track.

In my street racing experience we go out to a 4 lane road that leads to a like. Farm feilds on either side. No cross raffic possible since there are no Intersections. AND if we start a race and see on coming traffic in the other 2 lanes. The race stops! If you continue to race with on comign traffic mind you in the other lanes you will NOT be allowed to race again.

AND this is not a cars against street racing site. so why should other related fatalities be brought up for statistical purposes

My thought for the day

Street Racing Kills................... But if you want to go on a personal vendetta against something to make yourself feel whole. Try smokers in public they kill 10 times as many people from second hand smoke then Street racers do. How about go up against BARS they allow people to drive to them and then get loaded and Drive HOME. Street racings kills 100 times less people then Drunk Drivers. Or how about out Law unprotected Fornication. Aids kills 200 times as many a Street Racing each year. Yes street racing does sometimes end tragically but with 176 deaths last year realated to street racing and 17,000 accredited to Drunk Drivers I think you need to take a look at you personal stand and switch your view to a much more deadly cause.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:08 PM on j-body.org
Blah blah blah.. Two wrongs still don't make a right.

Anyone killed at the track volenteered to take that risk when they paid the admission fee. They knew what they were getting into. The person who was just driving along and got killed by a racer was not given a choice.

Anti-street racing is not equal to pro drunk driving, or pro smoking in bars. Your agument is lame.

The local track to me charges a flat $20 for a test and tune session, as many runs as you can pull (crowd size matters). Most people get at least 5 runs in. Grudge matches are possible too. There really is no excuse for street racing at all.

Yes, it has been happening for years and years, but that does not make it right. Just like drink9ing and driving has been going on for years and years, and it is still wrong, just like is always has been.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search