street racing.... - Page 5 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: street racing....
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:06 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Did these Medics bring their emergency gear to the races? I know you stated you don't do it anymore, but I have yet to ever see a safe street race area. You may be able to convince yourself that street racing is safe, but you haven't been able to convince me.

98 Z24

RIP Specks

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:20 PM on j-body.org
I can't convince you till you see it the most desolate stretch of road after 8pm since the lake closes.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Wednesday, October 19, 2005 10:46 PM on j-body.org
def didnt read all of this

read the last 2 pages

street racing CAN NOT be equally as safe as tracks.

the most GLARRING point would be if you wreck into the OTHER persons car and cause them to wreck and DIE. YOU will get charged with vehicular manslaughter alogn with a slew of others and go to jail for the rest of your life.

at a track all racign parties sign wavers. so if u did somehow jump over the diving wall into the other car adn kill them, u would not get charged and not go to jail for the rest of your life.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:18 AM on j-body.org
good point

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, October 20, 2005 5:10 AM on j-body.org
YAWN!! Oh the same tired arguements. You guys don't need a licence your too young to have one. Sell your car and go get your Huffy out of the shed and maybe in a few years when you grow up you can try for it again.

And I see that noone has the balls to answer any of my questions all you do is keep saying how safe it realy is and that its your choice. ( shrug ) I hope you enjoy eating a tree at 100mph I hear its a good sorce of fiber. Oh and BTW Gary just asked the same questions I did cause none of you have answered them yet. So why not? Whats wrong with the track? And why do you feel the need to street race? Are you trying to compensate for your "short comeings" ? Does it make you feel like a tough guy? Why do you insist on doing it on the streets?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:19 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Whats wrong with the track?

Nothing is wrong with the track except the availablity open 3 times a year for sport compacts. AND it an 1/8th mile. By the wa I have answered this question before.

Quote:

And why do you feel the need to street race?

Same reasons as why not the Track it just wasn't open to the public we needed to do it somewhere so we made it safe. By the way I have answered this question before.

Quote:

Are you trying to compensate for your "short comeings" ?

Thats Just insulting and you keep saying WE need to grow up. Look in the Mirror.

Quote:

Does it make you feel like a tough guy?

No has nothing to do with that. It is an adrenaline rush. AGAIn if the track was available we would have gone there.

AS you can see here I have already answered all your questions and scenarios and STILL alll you say is. BUT>>>> BUT It's not safe you might hurt yourself. Come back with a better arguement and I will shoot it down again.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:21 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

read the last 2 pages

the most GLARRING point would be if you wreck into the OTHER persons car and cause them to wreck and DIE. YOU will get charged with vehicular manslaughter alogn with a slew of others and go to jail for the rest of your life.

at a track all racign parties sign wavers. so if u did somehow jump over the diving wall into the other car adn kill them, u would not get charged and not go to jail for the rest of your life.

It is a good point and it already has been discussed nate. I stated in one of my other post the reasons it was almost impossible to hit any traffic on the road we raced on.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:27 AM on j-body.org
They can't put foreward a valid argument because there is none.

No racing is 100% safe. The streets are just more dangerous than the track. The real problem is with the people who had nothing to do with the race being hurt or killed. At a track, the risk is minimized and the people there are aware of the risk.

Let's pretend that someone actually could setup a street race that was as safe as a track. It would take quite a bit of effort but maybe it could be done. Does that make it OK? NO. All that does is encourage others to do the same, the problem is people are lazy and the underestimate risk. So, thinking that it could be done, a bunch try the same, they are human so they cut corners and underestimate risk leading to an even more dangerous environment because now the participants think it's a "safe" race and let their guard down. So even if one guy can actually claim to have a safe street racing environment it will lead to death and injury anyway.

Recntly a person was thrown from a car going about 100 MPH on a local freeway. They were found 200 meters (over 600 ft) away from the scene of the crash. Do you guys who street race have any idea of the forces involved? Do you know that that flying body could have killed anyone it hit up to say 400 ft away? Do you ever think of these things? I seriously doubt it, because if you thought about things at all, you'd do your racing at a track.

Those who are bystanders at a rally race also were aware of the risk. We've all seen the vieos. They were not out for a walk in the woods and suddenly hit by a car were they? Lay off the bogus arguments.

So, even if you think that you are a safe street racer, you are encouraging others to do the same and they are likely unsafe. Think about that.

Anyone here sick of high insurance rates? Maybe you should be promoting safety amungst your peers then. Accidents happen, tempting fate and actually encouraging them is just silly.

How about just a tiny bit of social conscience? "I'm only going to hurt/kill myself." is BS too.. You don't think your wife/mother/father/brother/friends etc will be affected? How about whatever future achievemeents you could have made? What about the people who witness the crash, some will need therapy.

So there's a road that is paved, but never gets used. That in itself is a lie, but let's pretend. So a young couple want to go somewhere to make out or something, they choose this magical paved road that never gets used.. Ooops, 100MPH face plant, all because they wanted some privacy. You think that a paved road is also a secret? Just think about it for a few minutes (some of us only need seconds, others may take longer).

There is no safe racing anywhere, but controlled environments are far, far safer. There is no justification for street racing, period.

Just so you know. I live in an area that is not race friendly and faily rual and yet I have one drag strip 1/2 hgour to the south and a better one about 40 minutes north. There is a paved circle track about 15 minutes west and if I want to road race my bike I need to go about 4 to 5 hours away, and I do. It is such a rush, I drive up the night before and camp, then pay $150 to spend a day on a road course. It's totally worth it. I figure people who street race have never been to the track because if they had, they'd never look back. It's sooo much more fun, more safe and legal.

PAX
Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:39 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Anyone here sick of high insurance rates? Maybe you should be promoting safety amungst your peers then. Accidents happen, tempting fate and actually encouraging them is just silly.

being an insurance agent let me go ahead and inform

Insurance is based on he law of large numbers. they group all he people of same age, sex and geographic area (among other things) toghether and study there habits. based on this therory street racing tickets while higher in certain age groups then other have VERY minimum affect on premium. because the number that do is very small in their large group.

Quote:

So there's a road that is paved, but never gets used. That in itself is a lie, but let's pretend. So a young couple want to go somewhere to make out or something, they choose this magical paved road that never gets used.. Ooops, 100MPH face plant, all because they wanted some privacy

They shouldn't have been making out in the middle of a road then. Cause thats the only place to be on that road is ON it. so I guess its as much there fault as anone elses.

Quote:

So, even if you think that you are a safe street racer, you are encouraging others to do the same and they are likely unsafe. Think about that.

Actually TV, movies and ESPN Encourage racing more than i could on any number of people. Media attention on legal racing makes kids want to go out and try it. Guess what they don't have a track "lets do it on the street" So blame ESPN then.

Quote:

Recntly a person was thrown from a car going about 100 MPH on a local freeway. They were found 200 meters (over 600 ft) away from the scene of the crash. Do you guys who street race have any idea of the forces involved? Do you know that that flying body could have killed anyone it hit up to say 400 ft away? Do you ever think of these things? I seriously doubt it, because if you thought about things at all, you'd do your racing at a track.

I have and did think of these consequences. Not sure if that person was street racing or on his way o work but that falls into the unsafe racing catergory. IT WAS ON A FREEWAY.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:48 AM on j-body.org
My whole point in arguing this is that it CAN be done safely whether you beleive it or not I can't change that fact. Noone is going to change the fact that it can be done safely. I agree the Majority of the times it isn't done safely and those are the only ones I have problems with.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 7:57 AM on j-body.org
Ok I'm calling BS on Slo2pt2. EVERY track that I've ever heard of has a "test & tune"
night usualy friday and the most I've ever heard it cost was $30.00. So don't try the I can onlly race 3 times a year poor me excuse cause it just doesn't fly. Also regardless of if they don't have atest & tune night they never turn away anyone who wants to pay them money to race. Even if its a big name card race theres always a local section thrown in there. So your answer to the firet question is

That also blows your answer for #2 out of the water as well.

And no I wasn't insulting you at all. If you took it that way sorry it wasn't my intent. Its basicly the same as buying a Huge truck or a Porsche, A penis extension. You know
how it works. My car is faster then your car, My horse is faster then your horse, I can run faster then you can, My dick is bigger then yours. Just basic one up manship thats
all.

And since your last answer goes back and trys to validate itself thru your first and second answers of which are both a load of bull then that would this one is as well.

Let me ask you, Have you even ever contacted your local track and seen what they offer? I bet you'll be surprised to find out you could run there every week if you wanted to. Especialy show up with all your buddies and they'll let you run. Remember they're there to make money on the track by haveing peoplr actualy run on the track so its in there best interest to let you.

See like we've been saying all along ....... you have no reason to street race. Unless your afraid of getting an actual time slip and seeing how slow your cars realy are.
Don't worry my cars just as slow as yours is.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:01 AM on j-body.org
No man where I live now. I can race every friday night and thats why the street racing has stopped.

Minot North Dakota Dakota flat track is not open to the public very Often the max amount of races they had there a year was maybe 5 tha we could attend. it was built at the North Dakota state fair grounds to use for Fair events and Motor madness. so your BS flag is wrong.

I know my car is slow I have over 100 slips to prove it.

Its ok on the short comings comment I guess i took it the wrong way.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:46 AM on j-body.org
I'm gonna stop posting in this thread. This could literally go on forever and ever because neither side will see the light of the other. The jist of the argument is simply: Racers know there are risks and are willing to take them. Non-racers are aware of the risks and dont want them being chanced.
Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:47 AM on j-body.org
you ask why street race

ask the manufacturers why make a car be able to

honestly i think more people are killed in rally racing than "street racing"

Thursday, October 20, 2005 8:55 AM on j-body.org
Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:
Quote:

read the last 2 pages

It is a good point and it already has been discussed nate. I stated in one of my other post the reasons it was almost impossible to hit any traffic on the road we raced on.

i did not mean OTHER traffic. i meant the OTHER person u are racing.

Calvin Di Bartolo wrote:I'm gonna stop posting in this thread. This could literally go on forever and ever because neither side will see the light of the other. The jist of the argument is simply: Racers know there are risks and are willing to take them. Non-racers are aware of the risks and dont want them being chanced.

there is no LIGHT for street racing. its immature stupid and irresponsible. PERIOD. and id like to RE word yoru comparison

street racers= know the risks and are TOO stupid to comprehend the consequences, or are to immature or moronic and think it cant happen to them etc..

REAL RACERS= know the risks of street racing. comprehends the consequences. KNOW that bad things can happen to anyone at anytime. decides to take it to the track.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:06 AM on j-body.org
w/o street racing there would be no real racing

you all sound like when you hear street racing you think of some fast and furious @!#$

usually its two cars at a stop light that race to the next one

wow

they must be satan

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:09 AM on j-body.org
Calvin Di Bartolo wrote:I'm gonna stop posting in this thread. This could literally go on forever and ever because neither side will see the light of the other. The jist of the argument is simply: Racers know there are risks and are willing to take them. Non-racers are aware of the risks and dont want them being chanced.

There are risks involved with jumping off of a New York skyscraper. Someone wanting to commit suicide is willing to take that risk. Someone that does not want to kill themselves will not take that risk. What about the guy walking down the street bellow the building?
There are race tracks for a reason. The reason isn't YOUR safety.....

Cardomain|Myspace

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:30 AM on j-body.org

apparantly no one knows about the race accident in the 50s I believe
where the cars crashed into the crowd killing and maming many in the crowd

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:39 AM on j-body.org
I didn't feel like reading all 5 pages with everyones arguements, so i just want to say this.

I street race, my girlfriend street races (she also races a dragster at the track) and we both would rather street race. Its just more of a better element. More of a thrill so to speak.

Now, i do not go race on croweded hiways, or bust streets/intercetions. We normally do a light to light, or a 2lane on ramp race, or go out to the airport tunnel where you can run 2 wide in the one way part of the road. But its still a blast. Nothing like buiding your car for the streets, and taking it to the street. but only if traffic is at a minum.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:23 AM on j-body.org
W/O street raceing there would be no real raceing. Have you bumped your head?
And comparing the safty standards of todays tracks to those of the 50's is as bas as you saying street raceing is ok. They also used to race 4 lanes across and on dirt roads back then. But guess what the avarage car could only do maybe 50 at the end of the 1/4 mile.

And 2g@ heart your sig is silly. Street raceing I S a crime. And in some areas you'll get your car taken, never get it back cause they'll crush it. Hell they can even impound your car if your just watching a street race in some states. Not to mention all the points, licence GONE, car gone forever, insurence rates that only NASA can see with Hubble. Then theres the possibility of your death or the death of others due to the lack of ANY emergency personel on site. And the only answer you guys can give is......" BUT DUDE ITS LIKE SUCH AN ADRENALINE RUSH MAN. ITS LIKE TOTALY COOL DUDE"
You guys do realize what kind of an idiot you sound like trying to defend such a stupid act right? NO I'm not calling you stupid at all I'm calling the activity your choosing to engage in stupid. Big difference I hope you can see that.

Guys seriously we're not all just trying to bring you down we're just trying to show you why its such a bad idea thats all. Raceing in itself is an extremely dangerous sport but when you decide to take it to the streets theres no way you can ever controll all the possibilities. Thats why at tracks they have emergency personel on stand by, to try to minimize the lose of life. You DO NOT have that on the street. Its not a thrill Its a stupid act that can kill you and others. Just stop argueing it YOU ARE WRONG and theres NO WAY you can justify it. All your doing is succeeding in makeing yourself look like something I'm sure your not. STUPID.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:40 AM on j-body.org
rofl
50 at the end of the 14
faster than your car

You watch to much F&F

Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:41 AM on j-body.org
edit
the cars they raced from the 50s are definately faster than your car in the 1/4

Thursday, October 20, 2005 11:02 AM on j-body.org
Uh, Ok what ever you say. Please explain HOW you've come to this conclusion? Look
at say a 1957 Corvette. Highest hp it had was 283 and it weighed almost 4000 lbs. Thats not a very fast car. And since when have you seen my old Firebird run?
11.33 in the 1/4 at speed of 135. My Cav. ? don't know never had it at the track BUT I've never street raced it either. And before you think I get my info from the F&F movies maybe you should check out the history of drag raceing first.

Oh wait your too busy street raceing thats right.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:27 PM on j-body.org
Street racing cannot be justified. There were times when people were more nieve then they are now. Cars made a huge leap in power and capabilities through the 50s and 60.. Before that they were racing fairly tame machines. The tracks hadn't been updated and accidents happened. Guess what? They learned from their mistakes and corrected the problems. Why, because they weren't dumb @!#$s willing to take unecessary risk.

Trying to justify street racing is like trying to justify firing a small calibre handgun at random. I fire at will whereever because hardly anyone get's hurt, I don't fire into crowds, I'm totally safe. <--- Sound familiar? It should, they're roughly equal. I only fire where no other handguns go, blah blah blah

Just admit it. You street race because you don't care about anyone but yourself. You are greedy, selfish and stupid, that's why. The adrenaline rush is available at any track. Only selfish cowards street race. And no, I'm not talking about driving from light to light with enthusiasm. I'm talking about anything a COP would actually get involved in. Agressive driving is a different topic. I think we all do that once in a while. Doing 50 in a 40 is one thing, doing 80 in a 40 is a whole different story.

My 2.0 litre 4 banger would wipe the road up with my former 1968 RS Camaro 4.x litre V8.. So ya, today's cars are much faster than old cars in factory form. Start upgrading them and that's a different story.

Again.. Rally race spectators volenteered to be there. That argument is BS.
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:33 PM on j-body.org
yes i know that street racing is a crime... But thats from a Dropem' Ware t-shirt, as is the other one.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search