street racing.... - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: street racing....
Thursday, October 20, 2005 1:52 PM on j-body.org
Ok I thought you were makeing a statement.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 2:21 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Uh, Ok what ever you say. Please explain HOW you've come to this conclusion? Look
at say a 1957 Corvette. Highest hp it had was 283 and it weighed almost 4000 lbs. Thats not a very fast car. And since when have you seen my old Firebird run?
11.33 in the 1/4 at speed of 135. My Cav. ? don't know never had it at the track BUT I've never street raced it either. And before you think I get my info from the F&F movies maybe you should check out the history of drag raceing first.

Oh wait your too busy street raceing thats right.

they were RACE CARS
not stock corvettes

AND I dont street much much if at all

Im of of the first ones who pointed out where all racing orginated from
not just drag racing
but they way you state your opinion makes me think that you have seen F&F a few to many times

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:02 PM on j-body.org
street racing is still more fun to me regardless of what anyone says.

yes i know the dangers in it. yes i know the risk i take. But anyone that races on a normal occurance is aware of these as well.

Thats why we have spots to go to, and we don't sit there all night doing it. We meet up in a parking lot, b/s for a while and when a race forms, we either hit the eway (blocking off the lanes with chase cars behind, and wait for a good strecth to open up clear of traffic). Or we go to one of the empty 4 lane (2 both way) roads and sit off to the side untill the light changes to red. then be the first 2 cars at the light so when it turns green were the only ones around.

If your smart about it, and not reckless and stupid street racing is not bad and chances of injury to you/others is the same as the strip.

some people will race anywhere. I tend to be smarter about it.

However I've raced in the wrong sitiuations many of times. For expample.

We did a Canonball run style event one night. We left a car show and it was a 20/30 minute trip back to our local hang out. It was late at night so traffic was light. We put some money in to make it more worth it for the winner and ran like that.
I passed a few people on the shoulder but it was a wide shoulder. We probably did anywhere from 100-125 the whole way back. (i was in the 2g at the time so no govener ). I came in 3rd outta 10 or 11 so I was happy to say I didn't loose, although i didn't win. However it was probably the sweetiest race i've ever been in.

Btw. it only took about 10 minutes to get home on a normal 20-30 minute drive.

Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:15 PM on j-body.org
^^^
you lost

and really... thats a little to much for me

i might to the occasional stop light to stop light
or the O so accurate roll race lol once in a while
but i try to go to the track to keep the urges down

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:12 AM on j-body.org
2g @ heart wrote:street racing is still more fun to me regardless of what anyone says.

yes i know the dangers in it. yes i know the risk i take. But anyone that races on a normal occurance is aware of these as well.

Thats why we have spots to go to, and we don't sit there all night doing it. We meet up in a parking lot, b/s for a while and when a race forms, we either hit the eway (blocking off the lanes with chase cars behind, and wait for a good strecth to open up clear of traffic). Or we go to one of the empty 4 lane (2 both way) roads and sit off to the side untill the light changes to red. then be the first 2 cars at the light so when it turns green were the only ones around.

If your smart about it, and not reckless and stupid street racing is not bad and chances of injury to you/others is the same as the strip.

some people will race anywhere. I tend to be smarter about it.

However I've raced in the wrong sitiuations many of times. For expample.

We did a Canonball run style event one night. We left a car show and it was a 20/30 minute trip back to our local hang out. It was late at night so traffic was light. We put some money in to make it more worth it for the winner and ran like that.
I passed a few people on the shoulder but it was a wide shoulder. We probably did anywhere from 100-125 the whole way back. (i was in the 2g at the time so no govener ). I came in 3rd outta 10 or 11 so I was happy to say I didn't loose, although i didn't win. However it was probably the sweetiest race i've ever been in.

Btw. it only took about 10 minutes to get home on a normal 20-30 minute drive.

like i said already, its NOT and CANT be anywhere NEAR as safe. its impossible. do whatever the hell you want, but its just incorrect to amke the statements ur making.

and again, if u wreck INTO the car u are racing and happen to kill them. YOU go to jail for LIFE. this can not happen at the track. thats what the waiver is for.

u say u tend to eb smarter about it and then go on about how u went 125mph in an ungoverned 2g for 10 minutes straight on a public highway passing people on the shoulder.......................................... and it doesnt matter that u realize AFTER, it was stupid to do. u still lacked the reasoning or maturity to NOT do it at the time. hindsight is always 20/20 the key is having good vision in the NOW. which u do not.

street racing is plain and simple... STUPID. i dont want u or others to kill me or my family nor do i want to PAY for yoru jail time when u kill a fellow street racer.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Friday, October 21, 2005 12:59 AM on j-body.org
Nathan No matter what is said to these people, they are not going to admit that street racing is unsafe and stupid. No matter how you present to them the unsafe factors, they will just come up with some stupid reason to justify street racing. After what I posted last night and reading all since I posted, I have come to the conclusion it is not worth any more of my time trying to show them it is stupid and unsafe. I just hope I am not on any road they decide to race on.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Friday, October 21, 2005 5:12 AM on j-body.org
Sappy, I'm not starting with you I was just trying to clairify thats all. When drag raceing started it was so street racers could go somewhere other then the streets. So it would be safer. Raceing used to be done even on dirt roads that were closed off by the police and had emergency crews on stand by. Back in the '50's even the strictly drag raceing cars weren't running any better then the 12's and 13's, and yes there were a few tracks that were in deed 4 lanes wide where 4 cars would race at once. Hell some tracks were a mile long drag strip. I just think its funny that the same tired arguements that there granddad used as to why he didn't want to go to the track are the exact same ones these guys are trying to use now 60 some years later to THINK they can justifiy
there actions as something more then stupid. The reasons given didn't work 60 years ago and there's even LESS reason to do it now.

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:22 AM on j-body.org
actually if anything there are less drag strips now than there were 15-20 years ago
i know there was one in this town that is closed know and i dont know how many others have been shut down, but its more than are being built

and as i said
most people will do a stoplight to stoplight run once in a mile
none of that blocking of a 1/4 bs or the carzy @!#$ 2g@heart is talking about

sure its not perfectly safe but driving never is
im more worried about drunks and dumb teenagers than most street racing

and Nathaniel O'Flaherty the waiver is so you cant legally go after the track if something happens. Thats all.

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Oh no doubt tracks are closeing. Tracks that used to be in the middle of nowhere are now in neiborhoods and the new neibors are complaining. I say they moved there knowing the track was there they should STFU and deal with it. Track closures are deff
the main reason why street raceing probly even exists at all any more.

Friday, October 21, 2005 8:32 AM on j-body.org
street racing is fun but . . .. . . . . yayayaya

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Real cars don't make power at the front wheels......
THEY LIFT THEM !!!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:49 AM on j-body.org
Sappy96 wrote:

sure its not perfectly safe but driving never is
im more worried about drunks and dumb teenagers than most street racing

and Nathaniel O'Flaherty the waiver is so you cant legally go after the track if something happens. Thats all.

arent MOST street racers dumb teenagers?

and the waiver from what ive seen is more than just to not allow you to go after the track. like i said, it also has statements in there to protect racers. so if their car somehow jumped into the crowd or jumped or flipped into a fellow racing car and killed someone they would not be criminally responsible. at least from what i have seen. maybe its different other places.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::

Friday, October 21, 2005 9:48 AM on j-body.org
hmm
maybe criminally, but you will still get sued

and no not all street racers are dumb teens

of course we dont go around flaunting it or anything

but if we line up against something at a light, more than likely i will take it to the next light
but thats once in a while

some of these people seem like its everyday and that want to be cannon ball @!#$ is retarded

hell even some of the people doing the cannon ball got arrested

Friday, October 21, 2005 10:29 AM on j-body.org
/\ /\ /\ Oh come on man ! you know most street racers ARE teens and think Vin Diesel
is God. If not then there wouldn't be as much as there is now.

Friday, October 21, 2005 10:42 AM on j-body.org
most
but i dont hang out w/ teenagers so i dont really see it
besides the idiots in their acura that think they are fast and want to try the goat

but thats a whole 2

Friday, October 21, 2005 11:13 AM on j-body.org
Well just look at the average age of those who are argueing for it and you'll see why I said that. No I don't hang out with the kiddies either you know being I have 2 at home and all. But these dumb kids are on the street driveing around like ther're the best driver since Michael Shomaker and they're still sporting a provisional licence. They just need to grow up before it s too late.

Friday, October 21, 2005 12:03 PM on j-body.org
2g @ heart wrote:street racing is still more fun to me regardless of what anyone says.............bs............bs...........bs.....bla..........bla..........bla..........Btw. it only took about 10 minutes to get home on a normal 20-30 minute drive.

Wait till you get caught son.
  • The fines.
  • The court Costs.
  • The insurance.
  • If accident, you will get sued for sure.
  • Lost of licence.

When I was a dumb ass @!#$ retarded in 2001.
  • Little more than $3000 in fines. Had to pay or go to jail.
  • About $500 in court costs.
  • $180 a month to $275 a month.
  • $1500 Lawyer fees.
  • 4 Months to 4 years.

Took me 2.5 years to pull me out of that hole.

Is all that worth it...... and 3 or more people racing each other is considered organized street racing by federal law, and the fines, fees, and jail time go up a lot son. Hope you don't have to learn the hard way. Like I DID.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, October 21, 2005 12:40 PM on j-body.org
^^^
which is why i try to go to the trackwhen im getting the need

Friday, October 21, 2005 1:00 PM on j-body.org
Sappy96 wrote:^^^
which is why i try to go to the trackwhen im getting the need

That is what I do now, for the last couple of years.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, October 21, 2005 3:49 PM on j-body.org
Hey has anyone else noticed how the guys argueing in favor of street raceing all have gone away. Hmm, Guess they know they're wrong and they can't argue there way out of stupid street raceing.

Friday, October 21, 2005 4:38 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:And since when have you seen my old Firebird run?
11.33 in the 1/4 at speed of 135.

What kinda 60' times??? 3.5 seconds??

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747
Some blinker fluid and a couple muffler bearings.

Friday, October 21, 2005 7:48 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Hey has anyone else noticed how the guys argueing in favor of street raceing all have gone away. Hmm, Guess they know they're wrong and they can't argue there way out of stupid street raceing.

well you cant argue for it so much except for the fact there there isnt always a track
and some people have no self control or once in a while anyone can think hey, im faster than this punk

its going to happen
whether or not you want it to

Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:02 PM on j-body.org
MJ is supposedly getting its own race track to keep the racers here off the streets. So far, though, I've only heard about it, never seen it. It'll be free, and just the track probably, no dyno or anything. If/when it opens, that's where everyone here will be going, including me; aside from the usual light-to-light runs.
Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:31 AM on j-body.org
^^6
most tracks are just tracks, no dynos
at least from waht ive seen

Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:16 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Luos, Damn near my avarage 60 foot time was like around 3.0 to 3.5. I couldn't get the car to hook up to save my life! The whole first gear thru the 60 foot mark was spent at an angle with the car damn near sidways and both rear tires smoking. I know I know Why didn't I just used slicks right? Well with no cage or subframe connectore if I had run slicks I would have blown out my windshield when I'd launch it and that isn't realy something I even wanted to run the risk of doing.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:28 PM on j-body.org
We know the risk in doing it. Ask anyone that does it normally. No were not all little @!#$ teenagers. Most of us are in our mid 20's doing it.

But with everything you do in life, there is a risk. Racing has been apart of my life since i got a car. We don't have a big street racing crowd around here. But when we do bust them off its fun. We've been banned from hanging around in a city before.

Court cost/layers/fines ect ect. yeah, they happen. But we still do it.

You can tell us its all unsafe, and what not. I've had my close calls. Hell we had a BP Tanker pull out in front of us while racing once. Closes call in my life, but that didn't stop me.

I know my limits, and the limits of my cars.

Crunch the @!#$ numbers. More people are killed by drunk drivers than street racing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search